PDA

View Full Version : 3D photography, easy yet inspiring.

sassan
06-11-06, 01:40
Here is a link to some easy to follow digital 3D technique.
In fact this is a suggestion for Saphire that was asking for something inspiring and please Dear Christine consider it as a birthday gift from me.

Used to be a lot harder on film days, but now even one camera is good enough to make some lovely images. Of course you may want to change the settings as needed with 2 cameras and synchronized cable release for live subjects too. There is a short multi media clip also that is helpful. The guy writing this is a smart guy and please don't judge him by his advise on obtaining the 3D glasses...:)

Have fun 3-Ding.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L I N K <<<<<<<<<<<<<< (http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=academy&article=060506&sid=11517924103863187)

ollieholmes
06-11-06, 09:00
Yet another thing for me to have a play with over the winter.

Saphire
06-11-06, 10:16
Thank you sassan for the gift, this looks fun to try. I will have to read it a few times to be able to follow how to join the images but it looks interesting to try.
I am going to have a play.:cool:

Christine
06-11-06, 23:07
Gosh,this looks pretty complicated ,but a challenge.Look forward to seeing your results,Christine.

Saphire
12-11-06, 22:53
First go at 3d. I had to eat some Cadburys Roses:D to get the red and blue cellaphane

Saphire
13-11-06, 13:16
Here is another go. I am not quite getting it right it could be the subjects contrast.

sassan
14-11-06, 03:21
Well done Christine.
I see the 3D effect on both over the leaflets.
What I think is missing now is the 2nd or 3rd flowers on far background / FG or oblique orientation of the flower in a longitudinal plane in continuity of lens's long axis.

Saphire
17-11-06, 00:17
Well done Christine.
/ FG or oblique orientation of the flower in a longitudinal plane in continuity of lens's long axis.

sassan I couldn't read that for laughing, talk about a tongue twister PHEW!:D

sassan
17-11-06, 19:24
Love to see smile on the face.
Have fun.

Ant
24-11-06, 14:01
we did some 3D photos a while back, and printed them. I'll see if I can dig them back.

Saphire
26-11-06, 21:49
Another go in colour.

sassan
03-12-06, 22:30
Love the color 3D.
Detail are rather small and over fine or I may need a change of glass...

Saphire
03-12-06, 22:35
Sassan it is a bit of a cheat really it looked sort of 3d before I started.

sassan
03-12-06, 23:15
Here is another version of simulate 3D. I discovered this from my images on the way to bin, so another attempt to salvage some.
Hope you find this interesting.

L I N K . (http://home.earthlink.net/~sassansassan/images/bird_3_D.gif)

Saphire
03-12-06, 23:22
Sassan the link isn't working.

sassan
04-12-06, 00:36
Sassan the link isn't working.

Sorry I was working on it. It is working now. Please try again.

. . . . L I N K . . . . (http://home.earthlink.net/~sassansassan/images/bird_3_D.gif)

Saphire
04-12-06, 10:54
LOL! sassan thats great but how did you get the movement, they say it is difficult to do colour but all I did was to copy and paste into the red channel and use the move keys.

sassan
04-12-06, 23:17
Christine; I was on my high burst mode so got good number of images of that bird, hand held with little difference in location of camera.
What I used for the movement is to paste 2 images and save them in "GIF" format that is good for such small movement showing. I used Image ready (Part of Photoshop) for preparation. The problem I noted is WPF doesn't permit placement of any gif file even if size is less than 200K as for jpg. In fact the max for gif, I believe is 19K that is quit small usually only an icon size image or so. So I had to put the image in another site and make link to WPF.

Saphire
04-12-06, 23:33
I will have to have a go at that, I have only used the fast burst mode on the 30D once when new it was like a machine gun. LOL

ollieholmes
05-12-06, 01:21
Great results it seems on this tread. Any idea where i can get some 3d glasses from though?

sassan
05-12-06, 09:38
Great results it seems on this tread. Any idea where i can get some 3d glasses from though?

Ollie just check the post number one of this thread for the LINK, then scroll to the end; "Get the glasses" section, a free side, or how to use your existing color filter, and better yet a trick to fine one cheap, that was effective for me to get one from my younger son, is described.

ollieholmes
05-12-06, 17:51
Ollie just check the post number one of this thread for the LINK, then scroll to the end; "Get the glasses" section, a free side, or how to use your existing color filter, and better yet a trick to fine one cheap, that was effective for me to get one from my younger son, is described.

Thank you.