PDA

View Full Version : Money Can't Buy One of These!

Adey Baker
27-05-07, 09:46
How about one of these 'Deluxe' camera sets, then.

It's even got an 'optical' lens - wow!

sassan
27-05-07, 14:09
Does it take picture?

Adey Baker
27-05-07, 15:55
Does it take picture?

With a set of batteries and a film it should do!

Joe
28-05-07, 11:37
Ah yes, the Olympia!...
Also available with Nikinta, Canoque or Minolla branding. (among others that also sail close to trademark law)
A popular choice to walk into a camera shop with, and ask for more lenses or to develop a film from and complain that the results aren't quite as sharp as expected, and "my mate who has one, uses one for his job and has big lenses n stuff and he always gets good photos"!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hmmmm, quality....if it were a lot heavier (you could use as a door stop then):D

Adey Baker
28-05-07, 21:19
hmmmm, quality....if it were a lot heavier (you could use as a door stop then):D

It's got a bit of weight at the bottom - not sure whether that's the winder or just a lump of metal designed to give it that solid 'reassuring' feel :)

Don Hoey
28-05-07, 22:33
Product Features :

Focus Free 35mm Deluxe Camera. ...... Latest generation improvement on A/F !!!!
Auto Wind and Rewind (motorized).
Two Color Viewfinders (top or front). .... Now there is a first and both direct vision. :)
Deluxe Electronic Flash (removable).
Self Timer
Technical Details
Model: EL1124
Included Flash Type: Deluxe Electronic Flash (removable)
Flash Modes Description: Red Eye Reduction, Fast Recycling of Flash, Deluxe Electronic Flash (removable)
Red-eye reduction: Y

What more could you want and all for $35. Probably double that in the UK. :D :rolleyes:

Don

Don Hoey
28-05-07, 22:34
Obviously mission acomplished Adey that you should get me to find out the above details. :D :D :D

Don

Adey Baker
28-05-07, 22:57
Obviously mission acomplished Adey that you should get me to find out the above details. :D :D :D

Don

A good project for a rainy day, Don!

I reckon that, as these are such crappy cameras, 99.9% of them will end up in a rubbish-skip (I 'rescued' mine from such a fate) so in about 50 years time it'll be a great rarity and worth - ooh, at least a fiver!

Joe
29-05-07, 23:48
so in about 50 years time it'll be a great rarity and worth - ooh, at least a fiver!

.......and they'll have a 'cult' following.... I just been using a Lomo 'action sampler'....no motorised features or viewfinder or even focus for that matter, but a novel way of taking four pics and squeezing them on a 35mm neg size....
Lomo's have a MASSIVE following...that and the 'Cosmic Symbol'
today's garbage can easily end up as tommorrow's ....err.. garbage (but with a following)!:D

...anyone for 'Holga' ?!:rolleyes: