PDA

View Full Version : next purchase?

Andy
13-12-05, 12:40
What's at the top of your list for a new photographic purchase?

Adey Baker
13-12-05, 12:44
As you'll probably have gathered from a BF thread ;) my next purchase was going to be a good quality tripod but as I'm going to be made redundant some time in the new year I'll have to put that on hold for a while and look for book called something like 'How to make Stacks of Money from your camera!'

Andy
13-12-05, 12:49
Bad luck Adey, not a good start to a year :( Build a crappy website and stick adsense on it? works for me ;)

rezmole
13-12-05, 14:14
Not sure what my next one will be - looking out for a new, long, prime Nikon lens - when they eventually get around to bringing some new ones out, and catch up with Canon.

Andy
13-12-05, 14:28
Not sure what my next one will be - looking out for a new, long, prime Nikon lens - when they eventually get around to bringing some new ones out, and catch up with Canon.

Optically and AF speed, the AF-S & AF-S II long primes ARE pretty well the same as the Canons... just that missing element of I.S. I reckon 12 months away but hard to predict. I'd be unwilling to recommend buying a new Nikon long prime at the moment. You can pick up a used AF-S 500mm for around 2.5k.

Tom Charles
13-12-05, 14:31
After Digi from Birdforum planted the idea in my head, yesterday, Im thinking longingly about purchasing a Canon 300mm f/4. Ive noticed, in particular for certain bird/wildlife shots, that the 400mm focal range is that touch too long. Thats my excuse anyway ;) A purchase thats a good way off yet!

Tom

Andy
13-12-05, 14:53
Ive noticed, in particular for certain bird/wildlife shots, that the 400mm focal range is that touch too long. Thats my excuse anyway ;) A purchase thats a good way off yet!

Tom

I can't remember a situation when I though 400mm was too much for a bird... but other wildlife it's a possibilty, that's why 300/2.8 is a popular choice amongst pro's. I notice South African Mybs on BF is using a 200-400 f4, that must be absolutely ideal for safari type photography, and birds as well.

Tom Charles
13-12-05, 15:08
Hi Andy,

I felt the same, regarding the 400, but yesterday, whilst photographing a pair of Tree Creepers, I couldnt believe how close they let me get to them, in fact I could have done a macro shot on them lol. Just got me thinking about an alternative lens. I thought 200mm, so must have a look at Mybs' setup.

Tom

Skipton
13-12-05, 15:27
Hi, Tom,

I have the 300f/4 L IS + the 70-200 f/2.8 L IS..... Take a look at my gallery on BF for examples with both, particularly "I've got my eye on you", this lovely hen blackbird was pretty close! I need a longer lens though since adding TC to either does slow down the AF somewhat.... not good for little twitchy fellows at a distance. Don't like using tripod, so what do I choose for my long lens that I can handhold? Cash not really a problem, fortunately!
Don't fancy the 100-400... bye the way..... push pull zoom is not for me.

Trev

Tom Charles
13-12-05, 15:45
I fully agree with you on that 100-400, Trev. That was on my shortlist before I bought the Canon 400mm prime, but I decided against it due to too many negative comments off and online. So maybe the answer is another DSLR with a shorter focal length lens. I WISH! LOL

Tom

Roy C
13-12-05, 16:17
My next buy will the Canon 400mm f5.6 Prime.

postcardcv
13-12-05, 16:25
Well I'm getting a Kenko 1.4x tc for Christmas... it arrived today but I don't get to play with it until Christmas...

Next purchase will probably be a Sigma 100-300 f4, as I want a good quality mid length lens to use along side my Sigma 500.

Andy
13-12-05, 16:32
Well I'm getting a Kenko 1.4x tc for Christmas... it arrived today but I don't get to play with it until Christmas...

That's really not fair... come xmas day it will dark and cloudy ;)

hollis_f
13-12-05, 17:05
I notice South African Mybs on BF is using a 200-400 f4, that must be absolutely ideal for safari type photography, and birds as well.

I'd have to disagree with the first bit. Now, I've not much experience of safaris (only been once - Botswana and Zambia two months ago) but what I did notice was that I spent more time wishing I had more width than yearning for more length (I was using a 70-300 mm on a 20D).

It was amazing just how close we got to the animals. Often so close that I couldn't fit the whole beast in the frame at 70mm. If I'd been restricted to 200mm then I'd have missed a lot more, I'm sure.

But I would have liked the 400mm for many of the birds.

jimtfoto
13-12-05, 19:25
After much deliberation (prime over zoom) I've decided to save my loonies (that's Canadian dollars) for the Sigmonster, the 300-800mm zoom. I think the clincher was some shots I saw on another forum by a Filipino member who has posted some amazing images with his Sigmonster, full out at 800mm, with a 2x, etc. Just spent two weeks in Florida, mostly hanging about Ding Darling, with my Bigma (50-500mm) and a 2x always on, but felt the extra reach would have come in handy with some of the warblers and other songbirds. Also, I really enjoy shooting the smaller birds, so the Sigmonster would be a nice fit.
Why not a prime? Well, I feel the Bigma is an excellent lens at 500mm, and pretty workable at 1000 with the 2x. The next step would be a 600mm (Canon) plus TCs, but that still would only get me to 1200mm. The Sigmonster's reach with a 2x is 1600mm.
And cost is also a factor. In Canada, the 600mm Canon goes for about $11,000 (before taxes), while the Sigmonster cashes out at about $6,200 (before taxes).
And it also has the zoom, which I find more practical for the type of bird photography I do. So many times, I see fellow photogs with primes having to back up or close in on a particular bird (because of the fixed focal length), while I stand and rotate the zoom ring.
cheers,
jim

Ant
13-12-05, 22:46
For me it's more like next purchases,
im currently using a Canon EOS 650 35mm SLR and a Cosina 100-400mm f4.5-6.7 Af lens, and a Canon 35-70mm f3.5-4.5. I inhereted this kit of my dad, and it still works well.

The upgrade, A dslr, planning on going for canon, with the lens thats usually supplied, and a sigma zoom, possibly the 175-500mm.

yelvertoft
13-12-05, 23:05
That's really not fair... come xmas day it will dark and cloudy ;)

Think that's not fair? Pete postie sold me a monopod, and I'm not allowed to use it until xmas!

Andy
13-12-05, 23:31
After much deliberation (prime over zoom) I've decided to save my loonies (that's Canadian dollars) for the Sigmonster, the 300-800mm zoom. I think the clincher was some shots I saw on another forum by a Filipino member who has posted some amazing images with his Sigmonster, full out at 800mm, with a 2x, etc. Just spent two weeks in Florida, mostly hanging about Ding Darling, with my Bigma (50-500mm) and a 2x always on, but felt the extra reach would have come in handy with some of the warblers and other songbirds. Also, I really enjoy shooting the smaller birds, so the Sigmonster would be a nice fit.
Why not a prime? Well, I feel the Bigma is an excellent lens at 500mm, and pretty workable at 1000 with the 2x. The next step would be a 600mm (Canon) plus TCs, but that still would only get me to 1200mm. The Sigmonster's reach with a 2x is 1600mm.
And cost is also a factor. In Canada, the 600mm Canon goes for about $11,000 (before taxes), while the Sigmonster cashes out at about $6,200 (before taxes).
And it also has the zoom, which I find more practical for the type of bird photography I do. So many times, I see fellow photogs with primes having to back up or close in on a particular bird (because of the fixed focal length), while I stand and rotate the zoom ring.
cheers,
jim

Yes, Romy is a great advert for the Sigmonster. I had the decision to make as well, but a 600/4 won when the AF aspect comes in to play... it's a longer lens where AF is concerned, with a 1.4x tc it will AF as fast as without and at 850mm f5.6 (with a 1.7x tc, AF is still rapid)... the ability ability to shoot at f4 is pretty important in the U.K. as well as the amazing bokeh of an f4 (i hate that 'word' but it's general parlance these days).
Value wise, the Sigmonster has it, the zoom offers great flexibility as well.

Adey Baker
14-12-05, 00:06
Bad luck Adey, not a good start to a year :( Build a crappy website and stick adsense on it? works for me ;)

Building websites is beyond my capabilities, unfortunately, so shelf-stacking in ASDA is looking quite atractive...:o

Digi
14-12-05, 00:06
After Digi from Birdforum planted the idea in my head, yesterday, Im thinking longingly about purchasing a Canon 300mm f/4. Ive noticed, in particular for certain bird/wildlife shots, that the 400mm focal range is that touch too long. Thats my excuse anyway ;) A purchase thats a good way off yet!

Tom
I can think of a number of reasons why the 300 lens would be a good buy. Would be the perfect lens for butterflies and dragonflies with a 1,4 converter with a close range of just 1,5m. Also for taking shots of wildflowers with a nice blurred background, flight shots of small birds at close range and mammals,not too small in size.I think we better start saving,Tom. :)

Digi

jseaman
14-12-05, 00:35
Saw this thread too late!

This isn't my next purchase - it was today's purchase!

I went by 2 local shops before deciding on the Manfrotto 488RC2 ball head. It's nothing real fancy - it just something that gets the job done. Since I already have Manfrotto heads and use the RC2 quick release system it had a edge on other brands/systems.

It joins the 486 and 322 model heads in my arsenal

pauliev
14-12-05, 00:46
Just about to order EOS 20D and 100-400 IS lens, hope to have my "new toys " by the weekend! ;)

Tom Charles
14-12-05, 01:40
I can think of a number of reasons why the 300 lens would be a good buy. Would be the perfect lens for butterflies and dragonflies with a 1,4 converter with a close range of just 1,5m. Also for taking shots of wildflowers with a nice blurred background, flight shots of small birds at close range and mammals,not too small in size.I think we better start saving,Tom. :)

Digi

Youre right there, Digi :) You mention flowers and other close-up shots, I quite fancy the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro lens. That seems a little beauty, good for portraits and apparently a dream for macro work.

Tom

Annette
14-12-05, 10:50

Digi

I have the standard 75-300mm usm lens and think it is great for butterflies and dragonflies. For photographing flowers though I do think that maybe the 100mm macro would be a great lens to have.
I have just bought the sigma 170-500mm apo dg cos i got fed up of waiting for the canon 400mm f5.6 but am still considering buying the 400mm because I love the sharpness of this lens even though I have been impressed with the sharpness of the sigma. Maybe I should scrap the idea of the 400 and go for the 100mm f/2.8 macro lens instead? :eek:

Tannin
14-12-05, 11:20
In order:

* Canon EF-S 60mm macro
* Canon 500mm f/4L
* A good bankruptcy lawyer

pete
14-12-05, 20:48
My list is very long and VERY!!!!!!!! expensive soooooooooooooooo I'll have to make do like another Pete on here Kenko pro 1.4 converter.

Buttering up wife constantly.

Pete

Tyler Vargo
14-12-05, 22:35
Probably a 4gb CF card, a Sigma 50-500mm DG then a Nikon D200. I'm looking forward to using a D200, it looks like it will be a virtually flawless camera.

Andy
15-12-05, 14:08
I've been thinking!! If you have a non-DG sigma lens and stick a DG teleconverter behind it, surely you have the equivilant of a DG lens... the DG versions no more than a coating on the first element to stop reflections from the sensor of the camera?

Rob Chace
15-12-05, 19:52
Sigma 180 macro.

Ragna
17-12-05, 00:31
Tom just had a look at your pictures on your website(the bird section) very impressed, the Redshank shots are perfect

Tom Charles
17-12-05, 01:07
Graham, thanks for taking the time. Glad you liked them :)

Tom

Digi
17-12-05, 18:39
Canon 300L 4.0 and the new Sigma 150 macro lens will be my next buy. These two together with my 400L 5,6 and Tamron 28-75 zoom + a Kenko 1,4 converter will keep me occupied for quite some time. :)

AlexH
23-12-05, 15:06
I have just bought the Sigma 120 - 300 f2.8 and 1.4 & 2 x teleconverters, wrapped under the tree! Can't wait till boxing day when I will get released to use them! Have a good Christmas:D

Alex

KC Foggin
23-12-05, 15:14
I suspect that today I will be purchasing the Nikon D50 so you guys might not see much of me for awhile - while I scratch my head a lot and figure out what I am doing with a dslr ;)

Andy
23-12-05, 15:31
I suspect that today I will be purchasing the Nikon D50 so you guys might not see much of me for awhile - while I scratch my head a lot and figure out what I am doing with a dslr ;)

Nice one K.C. From what I have heard, it is quite a straight-forward camera to use. Moderator AWOL? ;)

I've just sold my Nikon 80-400 VR... Maybe get something in the new year, if the money is still there ;) probably the 70-200VR, so I can utilise my Nikon teleconverters with it and sell the little Kenko that I kept to use on the 80-400... but the 300/2.8 VR is crying out for me :(

KC Foggin
23-12-05, 17:00
Nice one K.C. From what I have heard, it is quite a straight-forward camera to use. Moderator AWOL? ;)

LOL, I suspect it will be that or a pain-in-the-A Moderator asking a lot of questions ;)

greypoint
23-12-05, 17:22
The D50 is very easy to use - everything is logical and pretty straightforward. The only thing that puzzled me at first was the inability to change metering modes - then I saw in the small print that the default setting was for a simple menu - first thing to do is change that to advanced then you have everything you need. I really hate it when you have to read the manual!!

KC Foggin
23-12-05, 19:16
Well, I'm back home and the Camera shop bag (big) is sitting on my counter and I have just stared at it for the last 1/2 hour. ;) Like you, I seldom read a manual until a couple of months down the road after I've played with my new toy. Then, while reading, I find myself saying "that's why it did that" ;)

Snappy
23-12-05, 19:44
Beware Greypoint (Sue) is an undercover Nikon saleswoman in disguise that has infiltrated this and other forums.:D

greypoint
23-12-05, 20:24
Well we can't let Canon take over the whole photo world!

Snappy
23-12-05, 20:29
There you go just for that comment you become a senior member after a couple of days, the Nikon gods are looking over you.

greypoint
23-12-05, 21:01
What's the next ranking???

Don Hoey
23-12-05, 21:27
Well, I'm back home and the Camera shop bag (big) is sitting on my counter and I have just stared at it for the last 1/2 hour. ;) Like you, I seldom read a manual until a couple of months down the road after I've played with my new toy. Then, while reading, I find myself saying "that's why it did that" ;)

I bet Snappys avater applies here ( maybe wrong breed ) - but grinning like a cheshire cat.

I'll stop looking at lenses now. By the way which one did you go for.

You will now have a ball with it. Enjoy.

Don

wolfie
23-12-05, 21:40
I've purchased the Manfrooto 322RC2 Heavy Duty Model Ball head to partner my Giottos, it's really good, but quite heavy.

So what's next on my shopping list, it's got to be the 5D, mind you, I don't know when I'll have enough pennies saved up.

Harry

greypoint
23-12-05, 21:48
Heavy duty tripods and new cameras - I think a trolley should be the next purchase!:p

Bob Hastie
23-12-05, 22:47
Next purchase is 20D and a telephoto lens. Mainly bird shots, was thinking of the canon 100-400, any better ideas for about the same money?

KC Foggin
23-12-05, 22:53
I bet Snappys avater applies here ( maybe wrong breed ) - but grinning like a cheshire cat.

I'll stop looking at lenses now. By the way which one did you go for.

You will now have a ball with it. Enjoy.

Don

I've actually gotten 3 lenses ;)

18-55mm f/3.5-4.5G
28-80mm
70-300 1:4 5.6

and yes I am grinning like a cheshire cat ;) Going to post first pic in just a few.

Russ Jones
25-12-05, 01:22
I'd like to pick up a 25mm extension tube and a lowepro nature treker AWII backpack.

Cheers,

Russ

Craftysnapper
25-12-05, 14:18
I've just ordered the Zuiko 50mm F2 Macro (100mm eqiuvalent) from my local dealer, now all I want is the Zuiko 300mm F2.8 (600mm) and the lottery win to get it with ;)

cuddy
27-12-05, 07:41
Just bought a DSLR, so will be looking for a zoom and macro lens when i become familiar with my new toy.

greypoint
27-12-05, 08:38
I really must'nt spend any money on photo stuff for a while - if and when I can afford it, the decision must be between a longer, good quality lens, or a D200 with it's extra mp.

Don Hoey
27-12-05, 12:45
I really must'nt spend any money on photo stuff for a while - if and when I can afford it, the decision must be between a longer, good quality lens, or a D200 with it's extra mp.

As I bought a - loads a money - SB80-DX flash when I got by D100, which is not compatible with the D200. I will just have to save the pennies and go for the D2X for all those features that I miss, that seem to be dissapearing from non pro cameras.

Don

Skipton
27-12-05, 18:57
My Canon 20D was presented with a big brother for Christmas the 1DmkIIN.
Now he needs a few tips on the finer points of shooting with his new sibling, using either his 70-200 F/2.8L IS or 300f/4L IS with or without his 1.4 & x2TC.
He hopes to add the 400f/5.6L at some future date.
He also hopes he will not be made redundant!!!!!

NickR
28-12-05, 14:50
I've just bought a Nikon D200 and 80-400 VR, I would now like a AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8D VR but I think my Bank Manager would kill me. Unless I come up on the Lotto or Premium Bonds!!!

Ant
29-12-05, 19:00
Got the 350D yeasterday. next stop, the sigma 175-500 and a good (and low cost) tripod.

postcardcv
29-12-05, 19:21
Got the 350D yeasterday. next stop, the sigma 175-500 and a good (and low cost) tripod.

Why not snap up the one that Salty is selling over on BF.

Ant
29-12-05, 19:54
Why not snap up the one that Salty is selling over on BF.

depends if ive got enough money before its sold. my old 100-400mm will do for now though.

Edit=Looks like He's not selling it any more.

Mike Pearson
29-12-05, 20:53
I have been using the Sigma 170-500 for approx. 4 years on a Pentax MZ7 & MZ6 with excellent results. I just bought a Pentax istDS2 and the Sigma is fantastic. I took all my lenses to the store before I bought the DS2 to try them and even the staff were impressed with the quality of the images.

When I bought mine new I paid around $1000 CDN and $150 CDN for a circular polarizer. Filter size (from memory) is 86mm.

Robert Davis
06-01-06, 11:42

Tom
In my experience, I would recommend the 100-400mm IS AF for what you want. Happy New Year

Adey Baker
06-01-06, 14:35
As you'll probably have gathered from a BF thread ;) my next purchase was going to be a good quality tripod but as I'm going to be made redundant some time in the new year I'll have to put that on hold for a while and look for book called something like 'How to make Stacks of Money from your camera!'

As 'Warehouse Express' were knocking 20 off the price of my original choice (Gitzo G1227) and throwing in a free ball and socket head I decided to go for it.

Ordered about 3:00pm yesterday, it arrived before 1:00pm today and seems a nice piece of kit. Not sure whether I can get on with the ball head (bit of practice in use required, I think) but the pan head off my old Velbon fits it anyway, so I'll be able to use it without problems until I can afford the Fluide head that I would have chosen had funds allowed!

postcardcv
10-01-06, 10:00
depends if ive got enough money before its sold. my old 100-400mm will do for now though.

Edit=Looks like He's not selling it any more.

I see he's seling it again now...
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=49151

Ant
10-01-06, 10:27
I see he's seling it again now...
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=49151

Theres now only one thing holding me back, money, after buying the camera, I'm skint. :(

postcardcv
10-01-06, 14:13
Theres now only one thing holding me back, money, after buying the camera, I'm skint. :(

well that puts a crimp in an otherwise damn fine plan ;)

Ant
10-01-06, 15:29
well that puts a crimp in an otherwise damn fine plan ;)

True, I think another 1Gb Cf card and/or a portible storage device would be better in the long run.:rolleyes:

Saphire
10-01-06, 15:42
Salty has put the lens back on the market £350. That ia a bargain.

Leif
10-01-06, 18:17
My next purchase is a D200 on order with WE. But I've heard that the first batch have banding issues, so it might be best to wait until March. Nikon have supposedly confirmed problems with the circuit board and that they have now been fixed. Mmmm. This could of course be a scare story from the competition.

Other than that, I'd like a better ball head, and upgrade from PS 6 to CS2, but those can wait a wee while yet.

This hobby should carry a financial health warning.

Leif

mw_aurora
10-01-06, 19:15
My next purchase will be the 500mm I promised myself...hopefully placing the order this week.

Also, Santa delivered me a little brother to my 20D - a 350D...this could be because I often had to prise my 20D/400mm f5.6 from her fingers in December when in Florida...

So, this does mean that my dream of getting a 300mm f2.8 may be closer than I thought...even if I won't get to use it often!

Guess a second set of TCs will be required as well...hmm, it was expensive enough when only one of us had this hobby.

Cheers Mark.

Tyler Vargo
10-01-06, 21:45
My next purchase is a D200 on order with WE. But I've heard that the first batch have banding issues, so it might be best to wait until March. Nikon have supposedly confirmed problems with the circuit board and that they have now been fixed. Mmmm. This could of course be a scare story from the competition.

Read this about the banding Leif: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d200-banding.htm There are example pictures of the banding in there, along with how and when it happens.

Despite many member's dislike for Rockwell his looking into this kind of thing is very valuable.

postcardcv
11-01-06, 00:10
Next purchase will probably be a Sigma 100-300 f4, as I want a good quality mid length lens to use along side my Sigma 500.

Well I now have the 100-300 lens - got it from my wife as an anniversery pressie... so far I'm really pleased with it.

Only problem now is that my camera bag was already at it's limit, so now I have to decide what to leave behind. So the next purchase will now be a new camera bag. I'm probably going to go for a Lowepro Photo Trekker, but am tempted to go the whole hog and get the Super Trekker...

Leif
11-01-06, 18:39
Read this about the banding Leif: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d200-banding.htm There are example pictures of the banding in there, along with how and when it happens.

Despite many member's dislike for Rockwell his looking into this kind of thing is very valuable.

Tyler: Some people have had severe banding, and on returning the camera, found the replacement to be better, though not free of banding. It seems to vary from camera to camera.

Ken Rockwell is best ignored. Unless you want inaccurate information.

Leif

Leif
11-01-06, 18:40
Well I now have the 100-300 lens - got it from my wife as an anniversery pressie... so far I'm really pleased with it.

Only problem now is that my camera bag was already at it's limit, so now I have to decide what to leave behind. So the next purchase will now be a new camera bag. I'm probably going to go for a Lowepro Photo Trekker, but am tempted to go the whole hog and get the Super Trekker...

FYI Morris Photo in Oxford do good Lowepro prices in their EBAY shop. Leif

Ant
19-03-06, 10:13
Here are my next 2 purchases; the sigma 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 DG Macro and the Jobo Giga One.

jzhao1688
22-11-10, 05:33
I'd get the Canon 1Ds Mark III body or get the Mark IV when it comes out. I also thinking about buying a digital minilab the Noritsu D1005, it's maximum print size is 12x36" and also print up 960 4x6" prints/hour. These days the clients doesn't like to wait more than 2-4 weeks for their prints. The Noritsu D1005 is an inkjet based printer and the prints goes through a heating element so the prints doesn't fade through time or smudges.

darren27
22-11-10, 11:56
mine is sigma 105mm f2.8 ex dg macro, hopefully will order in the next couple of weeks ready in time for xmas.

Darren

jzhao1688
12-12-10, 08:40
My next purchase would be the Canon EF 1200mm F/5.6L lens for commercial work and the new Canon 8-15mm F/4.0L Fisheye lens for a new level of creativity

miketoll
12-12-10, 11:25
Interesting reading through the wish lists. Looks like my next purchase is going to be a new bathroom or so I have been told! Oh well, perhaps it will help me get clean shots?
One of my daughters wants to get in to photography so we are looking at Nikon 3100, Canon 500D and Pentax K-r. So my next camera purchase won't be for me, oh well again.

Arthur53
12-12-10, 11:48
Mike.
Guess you wont get away with, "I will hand down my camera to daughter but will have to buy new camera for myself".
For me it will be a long time befor any new camera purchase. Wont stop me looking.

petrochemist
12-12-10, 13:17
Mine (just completed on fleebay) is a proper Pentax viewfinder magnifier. My budget right angle one needs refocusing when zoomed which rather defeats the purpose.

Getting a newer Pentax DSLR (for the better low light performance/extra MP/live view/faster AF etc.) is a wish that might have to wait a few more years - unless my wife really catches the photography bug during her current art/craft foundation degree.

In any event the current K100 will be kept for its IR performance :D

yelvertoft
12-12-10, 14:59
In any event the current K100 will be kept for its IR performance :D

I can understand that, I regret getting rid of my *ist DS, I can't realistically do IR with the K-10 onwards models.

miketoll
12-12-10, 23:32
Mike.
Guess you wont get away with, "I will hand down my camera to daughter but will have to buy new camera for myself".

So true, used that one twice already with other children so it has worn rather thin, besides my daughter wants her own thank you very much. Sigh.

Susan Green
09-01-11, 00:20
On my wish list is still the canon 7d and sigma 18-200 DC/OS and IR filter. I am waiting for ? .... do not know what and why..... decision, decision. Naturally, there is no support for it in the family....