World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Cameras (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   30D: one of the new Canon DSLRs is out (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=680)

Ant 21-02-06 13:40

Prehaps they should of incresed the FPS, that way it would be much more appealing to bird photographers.

yelvertoft 21-02-06 13:41

New Canon

1 Attachment(s)
I'm surprised no-one has posted the picture of it yet. Have you seen all the other functions it has available at the press of a button? :eek:

Andy, we really do need a "Tongue in cheek" smiley.

Ant 21-02-06 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelvertoft
I'm surprised no-one has posted the picture of it yet. Have you seen all the other functions it has available at the press of a button? :eek:

Andy, we really do need a "Tongue in cheek" smiley.

After seeing that pic, it looks like a good long read through the manual would be a good idea.

ant

ps, how much is it for a coke?

Andy 21-02-06 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britner
After seeing that pic, it looks like a good long read through the manual would be a good idea.

That photoshop job, been doing the rounds for ages... think it originally had Nikon on the back, for joke use pre D2x launch.

5fps is plenty for bird photography... I have 8fps available and never needed to use it, even though it sounds impressive.

cheers,
Andy

Adey Baker 21-02-06 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy

I still think there'll be a lot of happy 20D owners out there today... and partners of 20D owners ;)

Absolutely! My wife doesn't realise how happy she is!

I've just replied on Birdforum that I think a reduction in noise of the shutter would be the best feature to check out for anyone into wildlife photography.

I've hardly ever needed more than 5 or 6 shots in a sequence (with that noisy 20D shutter the bird is long gone before you'll need more shots;) ) so the up-graded buffer is not that important to me.

The 100,000-frame shutter might be useful for someone looking to actually keep one of these rather than up-grding every few years...

I reckon a digital equivalent of the EOS3 body would be Canon's long-term goal in the mid-range market - something that would give them a long production run that wouldn't need up-dating all the time.

Whatever happened to the 400mm F5'6 lens upgrade that the dealers' shelves have been cleared for...:rolleyes:

Andy 21-02-06 16:51

Never really understood why dslr's are so much noisier than our old 35mm slr's... with a smaller sensor, the mirror should be smaller and need less powerful spings. I suppose we have far faster shutter-speeds available thesedays and 5fps+, so they are more substantially powered?

cheers,
Andy

Jon Sharp 21-02-06 17:15

I like the idea of a spot meter - I had terrible trouble yesterday with the Kingfishers, due to the weather the lighting kept changing, and the only place I could sit hidden on a particular perch meant the reflection in the river behind was bright and the birds were in shadow. I can't believe Canon haven't included ths previously. The other features I'm not so much bothered about.
The only other thing I'd like to see in a camera is that it takes the picture in manual mode when I press the button, I've had a few instances where the camera has decided the setting I've chosen aren't correct and the shutter won't fire, a quick change of say aperture or shutter change this but negate the purpose of manual.

greypoint 21-02-06 17:44

Is'nt it nice to be a contented Nikon owner?!

wolfie 21-02-06 18:20

At £1180 I certainly will not be queing up for one.

Harry

yelvertoft 21-02-06 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by greypoint
Is'nt it nice to be a contented Nikon owner?!

Or Pentax.