World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   WPF Photo Competitions Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   This Weekend challenge 14-17 Aug 09-"LOW KEY" (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=4883)

Al Tee 13-08-09 21:56

This Weekend challenge 14-17 Aug 09-"LOW KEY"

Weekend Challenge, the challenge will be open to all members.
Topic: LOW KEY, (Had to be)..!!..:D
The challenge will be run on (GMT) time, Friday noon (12:00 hours) through to Monday noon (12:00 hours).
The Weekend Challenge will close Monday 12 noon for posting photos, to allow time for a 3 day poll.
A 3 day poll will be in place in the thread, for you to vote for the best photo for that weekends challenge, the voting will end on Thursday at noon.
The winner picks a challenge for the following weekend and starts a new thread.

1. One photo per member.
2. To be taken during that weekend. (I hope you will be honest here).
3. The photo must include exif data if possible with date and time.
4. This may seem harsh but no comments from any members to be included in the thread. This will make it harder if there is a lot of photos for the voters to go through.
5. Post your entry as an attachment directly in this thread.

Al Tee 14-08-09 21:21

Hint for Jamie

1 Attachment(s)
Hint for Jamie:rolleyes:

Tugboat 15-08-09 00:07

while you were sleeping

1 Attachment(s)
while you were sleeping....baby sitting this weekend.

andy153 15-08-09 11:21

1 Attachment(s)
Low Key Flower

graham harcombe 15-08-09 14:23

1 Attachment(s)
Bullockie - Bull, low key.

Azimbern 16-08-09 14:27

Hidden Sun

1 Attachment(s)
Hidden Sun

Al Tee 21-08-09 10:13

Well done Trena..again..!!
Al.

graham harcombe 21-08-09 10:33

Nice one Trena. Congratulations! :-)

jamieZ740 21-08-09 11:35

have the new comp rules been sorted yet?

andy153 21-08-09 12:36

Congratulations Trena. The rules are up to whoever starts the competition, so if you wish to change them ...........?

Tugboat 21-08-09 12:51

sorry Andy I had already started up the weekend challenge before I read this.

yelvertoft 21-08-09 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamieZ740 (Post 38435)
have the new comp rules been sorted yet?

New comp rules will be as decided by the person who wants to start a new comp. Timetable for doing this will be decided by the person who wants to start a new comp. If you want a new comp, running to new rules, then feel free to start one. I suggest it's done after Trena's latest challenge has ended, otherwise it will get very confusing.

Al Tee 21-08-09 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelvertoft (Post 38444)
New comp rules will be as decided by the person who wants to start a new comp. Timetable for doing this will be decided by the person who wants to start a new comp. If you want a new comp, running to new rules, then feel free to start one. I suggest it's done after Trena's latest challenge has ended, otherwise it will get very confusing.

With sincere respect, I cant see how a new comp with new rules would ever be agreed in that way Duncan; that's why I'd say it's up to the officials to assess the members suggestions; try to appeal to the majority, then set out a new comp format..
Controversially; I'd say that prospective new members & existing senior members alike might look at this & think our forum is getting bit un organised..I'd not like that to happen..I like this site a lot, would like it to go from strength to strength & appreciate the efforts of the mods, but think you're making a mistake with this.
A well run comp is a must in my opinion.
Al.

jamieZ740 21-08-09 23:58

Al for MOD

yelvertoft 22-08-09 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Tee (Post 38447)
; try to appeal to the majority, then set out a new comp format..

There is no majority.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Tee (Post 38447)
A well run comp is a must in my opinion.
Al.

Agree. All someone has to do is get on with it. Everybody is sitting on their hands waiting for someone else to do something, whilst simultaneously complaining that nothing is being done.

All the discussion here is open for everyone to read. An assessment can be made of the different ideas and opinions. Take a view on the most popular opinions and start a new comp.

It is the job of the moderators to moderate. ANY member can generate content, including starting a new competition, that is exactly how the weekend challenge started.

robski 22-08-09 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelvertoft (Post 38453)
It is the job of the moderators to moderate. ANY member can generate content, including starting a new competition, that is exactly how the weekend challenge started.

My thoughts exactly Duncan. During the history of this forum, many of it's members have had an expectation that moderators should run the show.

I am sure a consensus for the rules and frequency of the comp will evolve with time. Nothing is perfect on the first cut.

What puzzles me is why so few new members don't stay as our daily on-line figure never grows beyond the average of 80-100.

Even Benjamin Kararek has disappeared off the radar.

jamieZ740 22-08-09 16:02

so when too many threads are started, then what?

yelvertoft 23-08-09 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by robski (Post 38454)
Even Benjamin Kararek has disappeared off the radar.

This is very typical of Ben, his behaviour on WPF is typical of many other fora he posts on. He's probably up taking photos of lots of beautiful girls. I expect when he's finished whatever shoot he's on at the moment he'll be back.

jamieZ740 23-08-09 17:48

lol kiss ass.. Or maybe he's promoted himself and used WPF enough and has moved on. as moderators you have always had the last word really. If someone posted a stupid idea you as mods would be the first to delete it. What we need is a thread to decide on comp ideas and finally summarised by a Moderator.

postcardcv 23-08-09 21:51

In an attepmt to get things moving I have added a poll to the thread discussing competition format with some choices for the new format - http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...ead.php?t=4832 hopefully this will get a new competition up and running in a week or so.