World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   WPF Photo Competitions Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Fortnightly Comp - 3rd to 17th Feb - A Street Scene (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=8465)

graham harcombe 03-02-17 01:42

Fortnightly Comp - 3rd to 17th Feb - A Street Scene

Fortnightly Challenge - Friday 3rd to midnight Friday 17th February 2017.

The challenge this time is 'A Street Scene'. Include people, vehicles or architecture, no limit really.

Fortnightly Challenge is open to all members of WPF and the challenge will be run on (GMT) time.

Take and post your photo in this thread between Friday 3rd to midnight Friday 17th February 2017, then after that date a 3 day poll will be initiated for voting on the photo you like best in this challenge.

(Please give your photo a title)

The winner picks a challenge for the following fortnight and starts a new thread.

1. One photo per member
2. To be taken during period stated above
3. The photo must include exif data with date and time
4. Post your entry as one attachment directly in this thread
5. No discussion of entries in the thread
6. Do not post any entries in the gallery until after the voting has finished.

Best of luck!

Graham

graham harcombe 07-02-17 14:55

Family Breakfast

1 Attachment(s)
A low cost 'Warung' (or food shack) makes a happy venue for this Brinchang family.

Peter Waites 11-02-17 18:53

The Good Samaritan

1 Attachment(s)
--------------------------------------------------------

Tugboat 16-02-17 09:24

keeping cool

1 Attachment(s)
keeping cool

graham harcombe 22-02-17 15:05

Well guys, it's closing time and with only three entries I ask ...do we continue with this competition. Your views are most welcome

postcardcv 22-02-17 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by graham harcombe (Post 59198)
Well guys, it's closing time and with only three entries I ask ...do we continue with this competition. Your views are most welcome

I think that recent comps have shown that the interest in this has dwindled significantly so I think it should either stop or evolve. I would suggest making it an open monthly competition. So at the start of each month a thread is started and all members are invited to post their best shot of the month (with no theme restrictions applied). A week later we could open voting which could run for a week. Winning is the free from the responsibility of coming up with the next challenge and we all get to showcase our best work. Just a thought...

graham harcombe 23-02-17 10:29

It sounds like a good idea and personally I think it is time for a change. Let's see what anyone else thinks.

Peter Waites 23-02-17 14:20

I think it's a good idea.

robski 23-02-17 23:39

Worth a try. I've not had much time to devote to photography recently and some of the topics of the challenge were out of my reach.

Ade G 24-02-17 17:15

I would probably try to enter a monthly comp as discussed.