World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   The Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Getting prints done (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=3686)

yelvertoft 03-10-08 21:32

Getting prints done

Can anyone recommend a good company for getting large prints done? I've heard good reports about ProAM Imaging
http://www.proamimaging.com/
They seem very good value and offer lots of advice on how to prepare your prints so they match what you saw on the screen.

Has anyone else got any recommendations for good (or bad for that matter) printing services?

Duncan

Christine 03-10-08 22:19

I have used Photobox on many occassions.A good company.Excellent prints,and when one arrived which was not up to expectations,they sent a replacement the following day.

robski 03-10-08 23:44

I used One Vision for a few larger prints based on Clive's (Gidders) recommendation. They provide a free colour match service whereas ProAm print as given which is fine once you have found the right spot. One Vision are very expensive for small prints but become cheaper for the larger sizes. I had this printed at 12" x 12" which cost £4 and then professional mounted and framed (16x16 frame). In Hindsight I probably could on gone for a print of 16" x 16" and put into a 20" x 20" frame.

Canis Vulpes 04-10-08 13:51

I always use Photobox. I seem to be selling more prints nowadays for the aviation side of things and people want quick. I negotiated the sale of a print to the CAA and uploaded to photobox at 09:00 on a Friday morning. I was pleased to find it delivered on the Saturday. I need quick and reliable, cost not really a factor as I apply a margin to my time and costs.

Photobox every time for me! quick reliable and decent quality.

gordon g 05-10-08 14:54

Peak imaging has a good reputation - I havent used them, but a good friend does all his enlargements through them, and the results look very good.

www.peak-imaging.co.uk

David Smith 06-10-08 14:02

I have used Photobox several times and would recommend them. On 1 occassion the prints had not arrived in 3 days so I phoned and they re-sent all 20 10"x8" which arrived 48 hours later (together with the original lot).
The only downside is the £2.50 postage charge which can be % large if you only want 1 or 2 done.
I have thought of Costco who are about the same price but you can collect next day-fine if you have a depot local to you. (they only do lustre finish for 10"x8")

yelvertoft 06-10-08 19:21

I've ordered a print from Photobox, I'll see what it comes out like. I did note that I'd set the output resolution to only 72dpi, but as I uploaded the full size 10MP image and ordered an A3 print it should, hopefully, still be good. I'm not going to be viewing it with my nose pressed against the glass so I'm not too concerned.

David Smith 07-10-08 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelvertoft (Post 31067)
I've ordered a print from Photobox, I'll see what it comes out like. I did note that I'd set the output resolution to only 72dpi, but as I uploaded the full size 10MP image and ordered an A3 print it should, hopefully, still be good. I'm not going to be viewing it with my nose pressed against the glass so I'm not too concerned.

I normally just upload the full size image and let them do the rest and so far I have been happy with results.
Are you going to put us out of our misery and post the photo here for us to see;)

yelvertoft 07-10-08 13:15

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Smith (Post 31084)
I normally just upload the full size image and let them do the rest and so far I have been happy with results.
Are you going to put us out of our misery and post the photo here for us to see;)

Been in my gallery for a few days now Dave:

David Smith 07-10-08 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelvertoft (Post 31085)
Been in my gallery for a few days now Dave:

A stunning photograph (in my humble opinion)
To be honest I can't find ho to open peoples own gallery (as against the main gallery at the top.

STRIKE THAT-I'VE JUST WORKED IT OUT:D