World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   WPF Photo Competitions Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Fortnightly Challenge 12th May to 19th May 2013 - Shadows and Silhouettes (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=7470)

graham harcombe 08-05-13 22:48

Fortnightly Challenge 12th May to 19th May 2013 - Shadows and Silhouettes

This issue of the Fortnightly Competition centres around shadows and silhouettes, either or both will do and need not form the entire image content, it could be just a feature within a shot.

Fortnightly Challenge is open to all members of WPF. The challenge will be run on (GMT) time.

Post your photo in this thread any time from mid-day Sunday 12th May to mid-day Sunday 19th May 2013.

Shortly after the closing time, 3-day poll will be placed in this thread for voting on the best photo in this challenge. (Please give your photo a title )

The winner picks a challenge for the following fortnight and starts a new thread... in case of a draw the majority of members are happy with the 1st entry to start up the new challenge, which saves us having to do another vote.

1. One photo per member
2. To be taken during period stated above
3. The photo must include exif data with date and time
4. Post your entry as one attachment directly in this thread
5. No discussion of entries in the thread
6. Do not post any entries in the gallery until after the voting has finished

To create a poll :
* go to top of thread and in Thread Tools press 'Add a poll to this thread'.
[note: only the starter of this thread can see this option.]
* In the update options box change the number 2 to how many have entered.
* In each box put the title of the entered photos.
* In close poll, put 3 days.
* Submit new poll.

That's it done.

DigiDiva 09-05-13 08:05

Sorry, Im still new here, can I confirm....the image can't be taken until 12th? Or we can't post till 12th?

robski 09-05-13 13:27

Seems like Graham has made this a 7 day challenge ?? Yes the photo must be taken during the period of the challenge otherwise you could pull out your best shots from years back.

graham harcombe 09-05-13 14:46

Apologies, I seem to be causing some confusion here. My idea is to have a two week period for taking shots starting and finishing at a weekend. I am not settled in one place at the moment, so I could not start the challenge close to the finish date of the last one.

Hope this doesn't disrupt the process too much.

Graham

surfg1mp 10-05-13 11:28

Oh drat....Being a man and not reading things properly I went out and done some shots especially for this assignment. :confused:

I guess ill just throw them up in the gallery...:rolleyes:

postcardcv 13-05-13 15:09

Gladiators

1 Attachment(s)
Posting early this time as I failed to get my shot up in time for the last one... hopefully this will display OK as it looked very odd when loaded up on my ipad earlier.

Gladiators

Arthur53 14-05-13 11:12

Camera

1 Attachment(s)
Its a shadow not a silhouette or is it? :)

DigiDiva 18-05-13 08:21

Im confused even more - surfg1mp said 'oh drat', as he went and took some in the time slot, Robski says 'or you can pull some out from years back'.....Please explain again. Do the shots have to be taken in the time slot or not? Sorry :-(

Rundblicker 18-05-13 09:01

Me & ma dawg

1 Attachment(s)
Herewith my contribution. It was an interesting challenge but didn't leave as much time as I'd have liked, to explore more.

postcardcv 18-05-13 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiDiva (Post 53743)
Im confused even more - surfg1mp said 'oh drat', as he went and took some in the time slot, Robski says 'or you can pull some out from years back'.....Please explain again. Do the shots have to be taken in the time slot or not? Sorry :-(

Yes photos must be taken within the time period of the challenge. The original idea of setting up these challenges was to get us all thinking about different subject and to get us out shooting. If we could use old shots it would defeat this objective a bit. Rob was saying that we make it limited to within the time slot for these reasons.