World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Computers and The Internet (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Uploading via Firefox (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=3578)

Roy C 22-08-08 19:08

Uploading via Firefox

For the past week I have been unable to upload to WPF via Firefox, never had this trouble before. I can upload via IE no problem - anyone know what the cause could be?

miketoll 22-08-08 22:15

No problem here with Firefox.

Roy C 23-08-08 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketoll (Post 30304)
No problem here with Firefox.

What version are you on Mike - mine is 3.0.1.
No problem up loading via Firefox to any other site, just WPF.

yelvertoft 23-08-08 07:53

I use 3.0.1 without any problems. Try clearing your cookies and look through the options to see if there's anything obvious in your settings.

Chris 23-08-08 07:57

fine here, but my Firefox is running on mac - don't know if you are playing the 'avoid the ads' game :p, but could have inadvertently blocked one of the valid WPF feeds

Roy C 23-08-08 08:15

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I regularly run 'CCleaner' which dumps all the cr*p and clears the cookies and I have not changed any settings in firefox - just checked all the firefox settings and nothing there to block anything.
This has only happened since I upgraded to v 3.0.1. It is strange that if I switch to IE there is no problem and also no problems up loading to other sites vie Firefox.

Chris 23-08-08 09:24

you seem to be into IT so excuse ramblings of an untechie, but is it possible that Firefox needs the cookie that stores your sign in to keep you fully signed in?

Roy C 23-08-08 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 30311)
you seem to be into IT so excuse ramblings of an untechie, but is it possible that Firefox needs the cookie that stores your sign in to keep you fully signed in?

After cleaning out the Cookies Chris, one has only to log on again using the 'remember me' setting to recreate the cookie again (assuming you have not disabled cookies which I have not) Like I say, nothing has changed apart from updating to FF 3.0.1.

Chris 23-08-08 14:31

You say you have checked all the settings, but there appeared to be a discontinuity from FF2 & 3beta in that plug-ins work differently and are not automatically suggested for update. I noticed this with the colour profile was 8989 or whatever but is now called 'Colour management 0.4' and needs setting. Likewise the 'add-block plus' offers hand-weeding facility, which is why I thought you might have pulled out a flower by mistake.

So check any add-ons and plug-ins? CCleaner seems to be a general cleaner like our MacScan and I presume likewise marks up borderline items for you to confirm delete?

miketoll 23-08-08 15:06

Firefox 3.0.1 and I use CCleaner now and then with no problems. The only add on I use is WOT. Macafee site advisor sometimes blocked me out of this site on both IE and Firefox.