World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   Computers and The Internet (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Just launched my new website (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=2437)

ollieholmes 16-06-07 01:50

Just launched my new website

Just to let you all know i have just launched my new website here:
www.overthefencephotography.co.uk
Feel free to have a look and i am open to feedback positive or negative.

Birdsnapper 16-06-07 06:15

The site looks good to me - simple, uncluttered and easy to navigate. The photos are pretty impressive as well.

john crossley 16-06-07 18:58

It dosen't work for me, as it is just a link to your photos on another forum.
A personal website should be just that; personal. A place to show off your best 50 pictures, promote your latest assignment, etc.

Andy 16-06-07 19:33

I like the title though ;)

Canis Vulpes 16-06-07 22:42

I wonder what site it was based on..... :rolleyes:

I think the title/banner needs to remain when linking photos from elsewhere. If done well guests may think they are still at your site.

It could also do with an 'about' and 'contact' pages to provide a more compete feel.

Take a look at my site for an example of these additional items, although I may do a redesign of mine shortly.

ollieholmes 17-06-07 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Fox (Post 21181)
I wonder what site it was based on..... :rolleyes:

I think the title/banner needs to remain when linking photos from elsewhere. If done well guests may think they are still at your site.

It could also do with an 'about' and 'contact' pages to provide a more compete feel.

Take a look at my site for an example of these addition items, although I may do a redesign of mine shortly.

They are on my list of pages to do. Should be online within the next few weeks.

Andy 17-06-07 11:13

Put a couple of your absolute best photos on the landing page (but keep file size down for speed) You're a photographer, that's what your site is about... there should be evidence of that from the moment someone arrives.

cheers,
Andy

ollieholmes 17-06-07 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 21183)
Put a couple of your absolute best photos on the landing page (but keep file size down for speed) You're a photographer, that's what your site is about... there should be evidence of that from the moment someone arrives.

cheers,
Andy

Good point that. I will do that as soon as i get a chance.

Andy 17-06-07 16:54

Also, this end anyway, the default width of the sidebar 'browse' area takes up too much of the screen, over a 1/3... possibly down to the width of some of the decriptions in the dropdown menu (notably 2006 airshows).

cheers,
Andy

ollieholmes 17-06-07 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 21194)
Also, this end anyway, the default width of the sidebar 'browse' area takes up too much of the screen, over a 1/3... possibly down to the width of some of the decriptions in the dropdown menu (notably 2006 airshows).

cheers,
Andy

I am aware of that problem. I will tackle that soon. All feedback is welcome and points like that help.