World Photography Forum

World Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/index.php)
-   The Photography Forum (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Photo editing (https://www.worldphotographyforum.com/showthread.php?t=2065)

blackmarlin 04-03-07 14:20

Photo editing

What photo editing software does everyone prefer, I Use Photoshop CS2 V9 and Bibble Pro 4.9.

Alan

Roy C 04-03-07 15:19

I use CS2 and ACR for processing the RAW.

Don Hoey 04-03-07 15:30

Depending on need I use Nikon Capture NX, CS2, and Paint Shop Pro versions 7 & 8. :)

Don

Birdsnapper 04-03-07 15:55

Raw Shooter Essentials for RAW conversion and PS6. these give me a good combination for my photography, but I'm considering getting Photokit Sharpener and HDR software.

Dave Smith 04-03-07 15:56

I use CS2 and PSP10, and for astro photos I use Images Plus for stacking.

Dave

yelvertoft 04-03-07 16:01

Adobe CS2 for image editing, Adobe Camera Raw for raw processing, though as soon as Phase One release their update to Capture One that will support my K10D, I'll stop using ACR in a flash. I really miss using C1, this is made more frustrating by watching Mrs Y effortlessly whizz through processing her raw files taken on my old *ist DS.

Chris 04-03-07 16:36

Canon Digital Photo Professional for RAW processing and this is usually enough. It dovetails well with GraphicConverter (Mac and universal binary only) which is excellent for import, sorting and other minor post processing like correcting horizontal, unskew and sometimes the unsharp works better that the DPP built-in sharpen, likewise better control of compression. The freebie Sapphire posted recently looks similar to GC for you PC guys.

When I had a Panasonic FZ7, I became a temporary PSE4 afficionado, but now find that even for older FZ7 and E4500 messed-up .jpg/tif shots, the DPP 'RGB adjustment' pane does rescues better using just one integrated levels and curves window and I do not miss the alert telling me I am in the wrong layer, it has no pixels in it etc etc one bit.:mad: I do miss the 'brush' as signature, but not going to run it just for that.

DPP (and I imagine Nikon Capture) keeps the original RAW or JPG untouched and only/additionally saves the 'recipe' for what you have done to it, so only a few kb addition to the one RAW file ever needed stored and backed-up:) :)

nirofo 04-03-07 19:55

I use Photoshop CS2 and Nikon Capture NX v1.1, the new version of NX is at least twice as fast as the original by the way!

nirofo.

chris02 04-03-07 20:28

Hi
Just moved from Raw Shooter to Lightroom and CS2. lightroom does most of the work on the limited amount of shots taken.
Chris

Christine 04-03-07 22:32

Elements 4.0 and Picasa (for straightening !!!)Elements for cloning out the dust spots, enhancing ,and re-sizing for the web,but I do like Picasa for the effects.Very easy to use.