View Single Post
Old 04-08-06, 20:14

Default Nikon AFS300 f4 shakes

I put up a picture on this and the Nikon web site for critique, on this site the pix width was 1000 and on the Nikon site 750.
On both sites the comments were more or less the same

Noise and Softness.

Now Noise I can understand as the shot was slightly underexposed and the PS adjustments I did aggravated it – so Noise is down to me.

The shooting conditions were, High blustery wind with the rain clouds scudding at speed, changing the light available by the second. The D70 was set up with an AFS300 f4 plus a TCE 1.7.

Tonight I set up a target exactly 30 yards from the camera, Even light, No Wind and the same set up locked on to a heavy Steel Manfrotto tripod and used the Remote for all the exposures.

Starting at 1/50 f6.7 I increased the speed through 1/60 – 1/125., the results show that there is almost a double image caused by shake until the 1/125 is reached

I do have a wedge between the tripod foot and the lens barrel but still I have this phenomenon.

RRS sell a replacement tripod foot which people say cures this problem – does anyone here use one and if so is it a cure.

Cheers

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Test.jpg (96.6 KB, 18 views)