Thread: Paper
View Single Post
Old 02-02-07, 01:21

Hi Martin, I did the same thing last year, you can see some of my results in my gallery. All the shots were my own work and I put the calendar together in Photoshop. I used photo paper bought from Aldi for the sheets, good quality paper at a reasonable price ( 50 sheets for £4.99) It gives excellent results and is heavy enough to hang well. bought a budget binder from partners and my wire bindings also came from there. £20.00 for the binder and £20.00 for the wire bindings. The big expense came with the cutter used to cut out the half moon to allow the hanger to pass through the pages, I bought a Renz TC 120, not cheap at £80.00 aand a hundred hangers at £28.00. As you can see I have had lay out about £150.00 to get the equipment to make the calendar.
My printer is a canon IP 3000, this is very economical on ink, the three colour cartridges are £10.00 from Tesco and The black is £5.00, these lasted long enough to do 5 calendars on A4 sheets (14 sheets per calendar) using borderless printing. Oh and I made the calendar part of the print in Microsoft Excel. The good thing about this was the calendar sold very well, I printed 40 off and sold them all. I have already started work on 2008's calendar and I am already taking orders. If you wish to find out more pleas send me a message and I'll be glad to help.

Alan Holland