View Single Post
Old 28-03-07, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

USB is working and I get the balloon but still no device on "My Computer." The device does not come with any driver software. Going to try changing a few drive letters in desparation!

Cheers

If you don't have any software for your device I would suggest accessing the web page of the company that makes your device and search for appropriate software/drivers for your model.

Changing drive letters might cause you more problems than you have at the moment and should only be attempted when you have proved you don't have a software/driver problem, even then I would doubt you have a drive letter allocation problem, Windows XP, (I assume that's the operating system you're using) is pretty slick these days at allocating drives!

Here's a web link for you to download the latest drivers and other stuff for your device.

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service/dig...pro/index.html

How to update the driver/firmware for your device.

Quote:

JOBO Giga Vu Pro Firmware Upgrade

Thank you for your purchase of the JOBO Giga Vu Pro. The Giga Vu Pro has been designed to allow for firmware updates to enhance the performance of the unit. The instructions below will tell you how to upgrade the unit.
1. Create a folder on your computer in which to save the firmware download. Make sure the folder is easy to find.
2. Go to www.jobo.com or www.jobo-usa.com and download the latest version of firmware. Download the firmware into your newly created folder. The download will be a ZIP file and will need to be extracted before installing the data onto the Giga Vu Pro.
3. Extract the file following your extraction software instructions. We recommend saving the extracted files in the same folder you created to store the download. This makes it easy to find the extracted files.
4. The extracted files will be in a folder bearing the same name as the ZIP file you downloaded from the internet. Open this folder. There should be several files in it. If there are not, delete both the ZIP folder and the unzipped folder, and redo the downloading process. Sometimes data can be lost or corrupted during transfer and this will prevent a proper update.
5. Before connecting the Giga Vu Pro to the computer, power it up and check the current version of firmware on the unit.
6. Connect AC power to the Giga Vu Pro and then connect the USB connection. Warning! Do not try this procedure on battery power! Damage to the Giga Vu Pro that is not covered under warranty will occur! Use the upper USB connection on the Giga Vu Pro and be sure to connect the USB cable directly into the computer. Do not go through a hub.
7. Engage the USB connection on the Giga Vu Pro and wait for the icon to appear in MY COMPUTER (Windows) or on the DESKTOP (MAC).
8. Open the folder containing the extracted firmware files. SELECT ALL files and drag and drop them onto the GIGA Vu Pro icon. It is important that you drag the individual files onto the Giga Vu Pro. Dragging the folder icon will not work.
9. Once the upgrade is complete SAFELY REMOVE (Windows) or EJECT the Giga Vu Pro from the computer.
10. Power down the Giga Vu Pro.
11. Power the Giga Vu Pro back up. You should get the FLASHING NEW IMAGE PLEASE WAIT message. The Giga Vu Pro is now upgrading the firmware. Please wait. Do not disturb the unit during the upgrade. It may take 10 minutes or longer to complete the upgrade. Warning! Power loss, static shock or physical damage during the upgrade will seriously damage the Giga Vu Pro! This damage is not covered under warranty.
12. Check the Giga Vu Pro firmware on the unit, it should be upgraded. If not, try the upgrade again. Sometimes bad data can cause a firmware failure. If the problem persists, contact JOBO for assistance.

nirofo.

Last edited by nirofo; 28-03-07 at 13:22.