Thread: Microsoft Vista
View Single Post
Old 27-06-07, 17:22

The PC I just bought recently came pre-installed with Vista. I have to say, I've not had any show stoppers. It all just worked, no hassle. Had a bit of a learning curve figuring out how to get around and do things, but no technical issues as such. The drivers for my Gfx card have a minor bug in that the cooling fan runs at a constant 40% speed, causing a constant whine, but it's not a major issue.

I've had to make sure I've updated applications such as Nero, to the latest version, these accessory type apps are invariably a free update, and I've had to install a variety of "fix" patches. As long as you do your reasearch, find out the problems with the applications you use, find out the fixes - everyone else has been there, done that, you shouldn't fall into the trap - and apply the fix every one else has learned that worked, then your transition should be relatively painless.

Networking old and new PCs together was a breeze with Vista, it just worked, no hassle at all, even got the priter networked without any issues.

Duncan