View Single Post
Old 25-09-07, 19:42

Let me explain where I am coming from - for the bird photography I will use the 300 f4 hand held using the D80. I want to get a 500 as well for the extra distance. This will be on the tripod most if not all of the time. I was thinking of getting a second camera for this so I can have the D80 + 300 free for other shots. So I'll have 2 chargers etc. If I go for the D200 or D300 then I also have SD cards and CF cards. Seems a bit of an overkill but I have some cash now and the likelyhood of holding on to it or having it again are slim so I thought I go for broke this time. I know the second camera is a big treat and when push comes to shove I probably will not be able to afford it. Hence the Canon question. Because the Canon 500 is cheaper than the Nikon and has IS it would force me to sell a child, rob, get the money form somewhere to get the second camera. So if you were going to get a second camera and a 500 lens would it be worth the extra hassle of have two different brands (and all that entails).

Michael