View Single Post
Old 29-12-07, 18:15
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy C View Post
What are you trying to say Chris, that you find PS to difficult to use, if so that does not make it a bad piece of software. As said before "If you have been using DPP as your main editor I can understand why you were disappointed"
I don't mind software being difficult to use if the results justify the effort. While using DPP, I re-edited some of my old favourites taken at places I may never get to again and never felt I had done justice to when using PSE4 - the results were far better and achieved in a quarter of the time and using virtually no extra disc space to keep open for further editing. Using Capture NX, I can get better results still. In both cases working on images already reduced to .jpg by (a) Nikon E4500 (b) Pana FZ7. Working on RAW better still.

For Matt's benefit we should make it clear that we have different boundaries of what we regard as 'editing' and beyond which lies 'manipulation'. IMO PS also encourages manipulation beyond a sensible threshold; obviously people who want to play with images so as to achieve effects (such as simulating oils on canvas) beyond the strictly photographic are free to do so.