View Single Post
Old 26-01-08, 17:39

Default New Cameras on the market.

No one is happier than consumers if you are not affected by the recession of course.

Many new cameras are just out.

- Canon came with a quick replacement of EOS 400 / XTi, new EOS450 or XSi.

- Pentax has K20D to replace its flagship K10.
Debbie I am pretty sure you may get a K10 soon but don't spoil that nice Duncan too much

- Off course the consumer level K100 is also getting the benefit of replacement by K200D.

-Fujifilm (In digital age when everyone gets the shine of D or Digital, why on the world Fuji still insists on stigma attached word "Film"?! May be there is reason they can't find enough buyers...) has S100FS that thorough a light into you darkness with ISO 10,000, if you switch to lower MP of 3.

- Samsung has always paralleled Pentex, this time with their own body and software and of course same Pentax K mounts, compatible with virtually any K mount lens ever built of course it comes with the well famed name of Schneider D-XENON as kit lens. Low flash synch, is still a problem.

- Sony had A700 out not too long back so no new DSLR but they have DSC-H10 with good capabilities and off course Zeiss lens. Olympus also seems happy enought with previous release of Olympus E-3.

Nikon: No they don't have much new either and no I am not getting to the dark side with Sith and dark temptations that still have though time to control...

I left the P&S but if interested check PMA news or dpreview for more info.

Now as for me, I am disappointed in hearing no news about highly expected to arrive, Canon 5D MkII or whatever Canon likes to call it. You get the Japan's news quicker on that side of Ponds, does anyone have any news apart from the rumors that are out during past 1-2 years??

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN