View Single Post
Old 10-04-08, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy153 View Post
I started this thread in order to share with others what I thought was a very interesting development that could make post processing simpler and more accurate. These "filters" - Dfine; Viveza; and Sharpener Pro do what I think 99% of us do almost every time. They reduce noise, correct colour and sharpen - simply and non destructively.
The only real "toy" is the Colorefex Pro 3 which is a straight, multiple effect filter set.

I look forward to your thoughts and those of others.
Andy,

Kind of links into my previous post.
I am still trying to get to learn my current progs. Even if I had the cash to get another, I would not, unless it could do something I specifically wanted that could not be achieved by what I currently have. Example CS3 gives an easier route to B&W conversion but that would not justify its purchase.

As you have NX and CS2 perhaps you can advise other than the filters, the advantage this package offers.

Re processing - my current state :-

Noise reduction ......... Never use it, then again I do not shoot over ISO 400.
Sharpening ......... CS is fine for me. I would need to see a comparison that shows Nik sharpener pro can better than what I am currently quite happy with.
Colour correction ........ I sometimes use Black or White point in NX but not always, otherwise none.

Don