Thread: Exposure
View Single Post
Old 24-06-09, 17:48

Thanks for your help & advice Duncan I guess I just wondered if there was an easy way or basic settings you tend to use for Landscape in particular.

I guess I didn't put it across very well as I was in a rush at work I realize you can only use the exposure lock button when not in automatic AF points (ie 9 spots) but what does make sense now is being in spot metering rather than evalutive after your explanation thanks.
I saw an article where a guy was trying to replicate I think a sheep in a coal mine the nearest he could come up with was his daughter sat on a grey rock on a dark hillside wearing a very white coat he metered from the rock which helped the overal exposure.
Photoshop & me seem to struggle a bit to be honest levels is about as much as I can muster maybe raw is the way to go .
I've just taken some more sun much higher in the sky results far better.

So after all that what is the prefered exposure mode out of the four hopefully the camera can help or is filters the only option.I thought the polorizer was going to be the answer to my prayers but it didn't help in that situation.as no doubt you could have told me

Thanks again any help is gratefully received.