Thread: ND Filters
View Single Post
Old 24-07-09, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
I hope to acomplish the same results as ive seen on http://www.interfacelift.com
So is it a matter of post processing? or will filters help me to improve the overall look of the pictures?
any advice is appreciated
thanks fred
Fred,

Having seen the examples you wish to aspire to, I'd say it's got more to do with understanding light, understanding composition, and planning your shots with a clear idea of what you want to achieve before you press the button. You can post process to your heart's content, you can add all the filters you like, but unless you understand light and composition it will not get you where you want to be.

Take a good look at some examples you want to aspire to. Really look at them. Look at where the light is coming from, look at how the light hits the subject, look at the shadows, look at the colour of the light, understand what time of day the picture was taken, look at how the picture has been framed and composed, think about how your eye is led around the image, what you look at first, how your eye is led around the image. These are the things that will improve your photography.

Good luck.