View Single Post
Old 17-01-10, 12:38

I was asked for a more specific technical lighting explanation, here is the short version:

I shot most of the production at 1/4 to 1/15th of a second depending on the rendering desired.I used a mix of 2 X 2.5 Kilo HMI flicker-less cinema lights for the backdrop which I lit at around f11.0. The open flash heads were also putting out f11.0 giving a total of between f13.0 and f16.0 for the backdrop. For the Model Julia, I used a single head with a standard 7″ silver bowl and medium honeycomb grid and blocked the light just below her waste and used a flag to do so. The bottom half of her body was lit with a Mandarin 2 kilo tungsten light, using a full blue correction filter.

I wanted my background 2 stops hotter than the foreground, to burn some of the detail of the Muslin fabric in movement as well as to outline the body of the model, giving a slight aura effect. I also used* Plexiglas floor panels to add dimension to the image. The main light was between f8.0 and f11.0 and on several shots, had a 1/2 blue gel correction filter attached. I used a Pentax DA 40mm Ltd pancake lens for most of the day and the Pentax DA 31mm Ltd for another shot and the Pentax DA*16-50 for another. I used the Pentax K20D for the shoot.

There you have it.

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/2...king-of-video/