View Single Post
Old 26-11-10, 21:52

I think you have to decide have to decide more specifically what interests you and what priorities you have because to cover all the things you mention would require more than one lens to do it to high quality.
This bit puzzles me "One of my main gripes with the DSLR cameras is that they all have the ability to take recordings - a nice addition, but not something I'm interested in, I want something that just takes still pictures but I also want a camera with lots of adjustable settings" A DSLR has the maximum number of adjustable settings available making them by far the most versatile. If money is a problem then DSLR plus wide to shortish zoom lens to cover landscape type stuff, night skies (with tripod) plus architecture. Ladybird spots really need a dedicated macro lens, look second hand for something like the Sigma 105mm macro in the same fitting as the make of the camera you buy. Also have a look at the macro on the cheap thread for other ideas but nothing beats the proper macro lens. Other stuff,lenses etc can be added later as interest and funds grow.