View Single Post
Old 22-02-06, 06:57

The recently announced Canon 30D seems to be more of an upgrade than a total new model, so things may be slowing down a bit though you never know what new idea may be just around the corner.

As I mentioned in the 30D thread, I'm sure the camera-makers would love to have a model that just sold steadily without the need to be constantly upgraded - like the EOS3 35mm camera which must be the longest-running production AF SLR by some margin without any revised 'N' or 'V' or 'HS' model.

One problem with making the 'ideal' camera is the fact that different manufacturers have their own USPs, often protected by patents, making it difficult to put everything into one super model.

Konica/Minolta/Sony have the anti-shake system in the camera body, Canon still haven't incorporated eye-control auto-focus into a digital body, Olympus have the built-in sensor cleaner and firmware that recognises each lens and applies corrections to its' aberrations - I wonder how difficult it would be to extend that idea to tackle the problems of diffraction?

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/...00/ppuser/1805

'Write when there is something you know: and not before: and not too damned much after' Ernest Hemingway