Thread: Biniscoping
View Single Post
Old 20-03-06, 21:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanny
I am a pensioner on the basic pension so cannot afford a super-duper Telescope, however I do have a pair of old 10/50 binoculars that I have used for years. Last year I had the Great-spotted Woodpecker visiting the garden and longed to get some pictures of it. Standing in the house looking through the binoculars at the bird and with my digital camera in hand, I thought I would try to take a picture through the binoculars, the pictures were blurred but the results excited me and from then my wife and I have become mad Biniscopers. Biniscoping has added a new dimention to our birdwatching. The results we get are not world class and out of all we take, only about a third are considered by myself to be reasonable. The arthritis in the shoulders causes a shake. The wearing of glasses makes adjusting the focus of the binoculars rather dificult, and by the time I have adjusted them the bird has flown away, but in the end we get some results and I would like to say that we are becoming quite skilfull as Biniscopers. I was wondering if there were any other members doing biniscoping and do they have any tips on improving our techneque.
Hello Tanny,

That was my first way of "Digiscoping" ... I've been doing Scoping, Photography, BinoScoping for nearly 2 Month's now so very new to all this
Myself, But i have been practicing a lot ... In that 2 Month's i've bought a Scope and another Camera,
So ... I think i may be able to help you on this Binoscoping thing,
Firstly ... If you can spare £30 then you can have Shake free picture's by getting this Adapter, It Work's very well,
I've attached some Picture's for you to see,
Apologie's if you already knew
this Technique but it may help other's,
If you need any more Info please ask or Pm me,
Happy Binoscoping!!!,
Tc,
John,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adapter1.jpg (197.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Adapter2.jpg (198.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Adapter3.jpg (198.1 KB, 46 views)