View Single Post
Old 24-05-06, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannin
Strikes me that the one to have will be the next Pentax to be released, the more-than-rumoured one due out later this year which is expected to us the same Sony 10MP sensor as the Nikon D200 and compete with that camera and the Canon 30D.

And we can probably expect AS on it ..... could be quite a tempting unit. Good for Pentax!
Tony,
The unit you refer to is much more than rumoured, it has (apparently) been shown at an exhibiton in Japan.
http://www.pentax.co.jp/english/news/2006/200615.html
The same product was actually shown at PMA2006 in Florida.

The launch for this product is, tentatively, autumn 2006 and I agree that this would be a better upgrade path from my current *ist DS than the K100D. This assumes the new 10MP model will have AS on it, it would be a bit of a damp squib otherwise. I'm sure the yet to be named model will cost a lot more than the K100D, but AS and a slightly bigger (but lower resolution) preview screen would probably not be enough to tempt me on their own. I will await developments later in the year.

I find it interesting that you guys from down under see Pentax as a viable brand, the Aussie distributor's marketing is clearly far better than the UK marketing.