View Single Post
Old 26-05-06, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
Don. I have heard and read on BF that there could be a problem with blurred images with the d200.
Keith Reader has had two bodies and they are both the same, also they are not supposed to be very good in low light. I would do a review search before taking the plunge.
Christine,

I think the blurred images is more to do with technique. A move up from 6mp to 10mp requires better technique/support or higher shutter speed to account for the greater resolution of the sensor.

I would have no worries about the D200s capability to produce sharp quality images. Leifs Pasque Flower in the gallery is a good example of that. http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...puser=956&sl=l

The low light bit may be the Auto Focus module sensitivity. I have to admit to being a bit surprised that Nikon did not use the MULTI cam1300 from the D1 series, but went for the MULTI cam1000 which although better than the MULTI cam900 on the D100,D70,D50 is not that great a step up. D2 series use MULTI cam 2000 so they are a lot more sensitive. Still I guess that is marketing. There has to be some space in spec terms between the D200 and D2 series to account for the price difference. Its a lot more than pixel count.

Don