View Single Post
Old 17-11-09, 21:26

If at all possible go for the later ETRsi that are newer but also have TTL flash facility if needed?
Both Pentax and Contax had some interesting 6x4.5 systems too. The former were prone to electrical issues on poorly looked after examples, and the later are even rarer, so can command a 'collector' premium. Both handle similarly to a 35mm SLR....more so than the giant Pentax 67 that people bang on about, that is bigger and heavier with a very long wind 'throw'.
RE the prices, I know I've typed this out before, and I know its 6x6, but a Hasselblad does make sense, due to them being more reliable, less likely to have issues due to age/use, and due to those massive price plummets the saving between an entry level Mamiya 1000 and a usable 'blad really isn't that large now. No reason to go for a cheaper electronic pretender when you can get the real thing for not much more....unless Bronica specs re the backs as Don highlighted suits better?

Last edited by Joe; 17-11-09 at 21:29.