Thread: Nikon D3 Review
View Single Post
Old 01-06-08, 07:36

Nice one Andy!
A cracking camera, superb spec' and nothing but superb reviews I've read. From what I've read about the camera, the 12 megapixel sensor (which some slated as not being high enough!) delivers results far in excess of what's on paper.
I've not tried one, but I would be interested to see how lightening quick that Continuos AF is. I've heard it's even quicker than D2 series and my D1h cameras. (I still think the F5 film is quicker AF than the D1h,but that's another story)
Interesting you should mention the Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8. I opted for the sigma 24-70 f/2.8 because of the crop on the D1h.....Nice and bright the sigma is, but the build quality is cr@p and the zoom action is dire around the 24-35 range.
Wishing I had a full frame D3 with a REAL lens on it!...in a way,kinda wishing I had gone for the 35-70 Nikon, and relied on the 15-30 Sigma (which I think is an excellent full frame lens) more for the wide shots on the DX cropped D1h

Keep us posted on the D3 Andy

I'm jealous

P.S all my lenses are full frame. You can have the 24-70 if I can have the D3! LOL

P.P.S I've heard whispers of a proposed D3h....anyone know more????!

Last edited by Joe; 01-06-08 at 07:43.