Thread: bags?
View Single Post
Old 14-01-06, 15:46
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
I seem to be different from most, in that I carry very little in the way of extras.. and don't usually bother with a bag at all (though i have bulging pockets!!). I do have Lowepro Lenstrekker 600AW, which is luggage that carries not much more than lens+camera, but it rarely leaves the car. I just can't get on with a pack on my back.

Generally, I carry the legset/head over my shoulder, with the camera/lens caried with my other hand... principally so that I'm never more than about 15 seconds from taking a shot.
Sounds like a good way of doing things... however as I'm a birder first I always have bins and scope with me, so camera stuff is either in a bag or left at home.

I have looked at a Super Trekker and realise that it is far more than I need, so I'm now looking for a good deal on a Photo Trekker, so if anyone wants to sell me one...

While I do understand the idea of not taking everything out with you there are two reasons that I don't get one with this. Firstly I always want my camera, big lens and tc out as I'm aiming for bird photos, but I also need a smaller lens for when my daughter (who is normally with me) looks cute. I also carry digiscoping kit with me, so need a reasonable bag to fit that lot in. The second reaons is that I find it convenient to keep all my kit (only two more lenses and a flash) in the bag, partly for ease of storing, but also so I can just grab it and go when time's short.