View Single Post
Old 08-01-07, 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lello View Post
Hi Don can you show me a photo of the splitter from behind (where the flash unit goes in) I'm intrigued.
Lello, I'll take a pic tomorrow as I did not use it on the final version. Perhaps I should also take a pic of the Metz on the X for Foxy.

I was about to post this, so here goes.

I have finally finished the Metz 45 CL3 flashgun diffuser.

The idea is that I can use it as I would the SB80-DX with stofen fired through a reflector. The big advantage for me is that this provides a similar quality of light in a stand alone package.

The only difference between the trial unit and the finished article is that I did not need the beam splitter if I used the diffuser screen. So with a bit of rubber to protect the screen from scratches, that was the final choice.

The diffuser bowl is attached by 2 velcro straps so easy on, easy off.

The copper mount was cut using variously, hammer and chisel onto a block of wood and a cheap pair of workshop scissors. Dressed with a fine file/emery cloth.

Cost:
£0:69 pence for the bowl,
£1:50 max for 1/2 a sheet of K&sS ' Create With Metal ' .025 x 4 x 10 Copper sheet,
13 inches of 20mm wide stick on velcro ( some of it is doubled over ),
1/4 of a standard pillow protector, about 3 inches of pipe insulation foam rubber wrap ( could have used carboard ), 2 off M5 x 10 screws and nuts, 3 inches of foil tape, kitchen foil and gaffer tape.

I'll settle for less than a fiver.

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Metz mounting.jpg (101.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Metz-45CL3-mod.jpg (78.0 KB, 15 views)