View Single Post
Old 22-06-08, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Duncan, I have just managed to get back on, evrything hung when I put in the string and pressed apply. I couldn't get back on the net unless I reset everything. I am running it without the string again and it working fine, I think I will leave things as they are and not connect Mario's computer so I don't need the wireless connection.

What I don't understand how come my Nintendo connects.
Christine, you may have been a bit to quick for it. It does take quite a while for the router to save the changed settings after clicking on "apply" as it has to write the changes to flash memory inside. If you leave it long enough, it will come back. If it hasn't restarded after about a minute, typing in the I.P. address (192.168.whatever.whatever) will take you back to the router start page. You should have been able to connect to the net via the wired connection - you are doing all this setup from a wired connection PC, aren't you?

If you don't set it up with a security string, you must disable the wireless function of your router otherwise anyone can log onto your network and use your connection, browse your PC etc.

Does the Nintendo connect wirelessly both with and without a security string set?

Duncan