Thread: Flickr
View Single Post
Old 21-11-11, 16:19

Peter, I'm on Flickr, have been for about a year now. What do I get out of it? Well you can use it basically as an on-line library, it accepts much larger size images, I suppose it can be a low cost way of displaying your material to a worldwide audience. One of the most important things I get from it is encouragement to pursue my digital art, in that it shows me that I'm not the only nutter on the planet with extreme tastes, in fact, most of my creations are mild compared to many many others. You can join groups according to photo - artistic taste / geographical location / work - hobby interest. You'll be amazed at how many people there are world wide with similar interests. If you ask Trena I'm sure she'll tell you how to get your pics accepted by the likes of Getty images.
You get statistical information on the images you have stored, by way of recorded viewings, people adding to favourites, etc;etc. I've just clocked 25000 views to my images. I reckon Trena will be in the hundreds of thousands.
Hope this helps.
Al.