View Single Post
Old 05-03-08, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My outrage was not critique of the photograph as an abstract image nor of skill in its taking, but that something should be held up as exemplary which I find slightly disgraceful, though I hope Sharon that you took it away and recycled or binned it afterwards.
"the antidote to smart picnic tables - Aldeburgh" i hope Chris you organised this to be shifted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robski View Post
Personally I think the POTW shot in question was SO Last Year

http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...=500&ppuser=40
dodgy plug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidders View Post
a good picture is a good picture irrespective of ones personal opinion of the subject portrayed.
thats it really - well said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidders View Post

And then for him to suggest that the photographer should clear up someone else rubbish just because they have taken a picture of it
I'll have to be carefully that if I take a picture of a derelict building I don't become responsible for repairing it
I think i'd clear it up any way, if id taken the shot - sensible really.

@ building remark. lol

I think the shot was an outstanding one that week, wherever the bottle ended up.. glass comes from sand does not it? and POTW has varied each week and is rather intresting. It will stay intresting too I'd say (until bird pics start getting placed constantly ) but feel, as said by others, a reason/comment on why potw is, potw!

but Chris, very virtuous of you, you stuck that neck out faaaar!