View Single Post
Old 30-04-10, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfg1mp View Post
not interested at all, all the apple products are way to expensive, i have an ipod, which is forever crashing as have all the ipods ive had. plus the file system and tagging sucks. I have installed an alternative operating system so i can have the windows tree system, works much better and doesn't lose music like the apple system on the ipod.

The iphone app thing makes me laugh......do you really need a gay cruising app....maybe! I have loads of apps on my phone and can honestly say i rarely use any of them. As alex said touch screens are evil....smudge smudge smudge scratch smudge....no thanks give me a business phone anyday and i bet i can type a long message twice as fast as any iphone user.

All the apple users i know are snobs and look down there nose at us mortal pc users....probably because they have paid well over the odds for their shiny toy and feel the need to justify that by being an obnoxious pretensious t&*t.

ok rant over....no i wont be buying one.
I feel I have to slightly come back on this post. It'll be the only reply otherwise this thread will get hijacked into an Apple vs Microsoft thread as they often do and I'm not really interested in that.

It does seem that Apple users get a bad reputation simply because they don't use Windows though, rather than the other way around.

I feel slightly insulted since you've called me an obnoxious pretentious t&*t and a snob, so I'm not sure why I'm taking the time to reply to your post but I'll go ahead and do it anyway.

Market value of anything = whatever the market is willing to pay. If the Apple market are willing to pay more for an OS then great for them, and Apple have positioned themselves brilliantly. If you think it's too expensive, don't buy it.

I love the fact you've picked out some kind of 'gay cruising app' as an example. Forget about the train times, the sat nav, Around Me, converters, sports, social networking etc, and just focus on some fictional app which fits with your point. Whatever your point was. I think 3 billion app downloads proves that a few people like it anyway. Admittedly there is a lot of rubbish on the app store in the form of useless apps and games, but I don't download them.

I've had my original iPhone 2G for pushing 3 years now and don't have a single scratch on it and it still works as well as the day I got it.

Anyway like I said I don't want to hijack this thread but when someone attacks me simply for buying something different to them I feel the need to defend myself. Not sure if you meant it to come across like that. If you did then maybe I made a mistake in replying.