View Single Post
Old 19-04-06, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif
I think it is worth my mentioning that IMO the Benbo Trekker, which is the smallest full size tripod in the Benbo range, is not worth buying. I found that it was not very sturdy, and is supplied with a small and inadequate ball head. I bought one about 10 years ago but it was badly made. After a year of amateur use a leg fell off and had to be glued back on, then after another 6 months the locking handle broke and I threw the remains into a dustbin.

Also note that in the pictures from Don showing the tripod feet, it looks as if the Benbo has the larger diameter legs. It doesn't. Most tripods have legs constructed from tubes that slide inside each other. Usually the widest section is at the top. But in the case of the Benbo, the widest section is at the bottom

Leif
Hi Leif

I agree the Benbo Trekker is not a very well made tripod, a friend of mine had one for a while, he was always having trouble with it. The Uniloc 1700 Minor is a far more robust and versatile tripod, it's only slightly heavier than the Trekker and slightly cheaper to buy! The Uniloc range of tripods are very similar to the Benbo range, they are designed and made by the original designer of the Benbo but are superior in build quality.

nirofo.