View Single Post
Old 30-06-15, 17:26

70D is specially popular among the Youtube bloggers and pros who cover for say marriages and ceremonies that need very high quality video production. The AF in video (Dual pixel contrast) is the best of industry, second to non, that by the way 7DII also has it, but what makes them different is that touch screen of 70D. You can focus on 70D just by touching the object you want, on LCD. That is for eg, a near object, then on focusing screen touch a far object that is out of focus and instantly and accurately (Without hunting for focus), it focuses to the second point of interest, that is the effect you normally see on high end Hollywood productions and used to be only possible with very very expensive "Follow Focus rigs" that were priced at thousands off dollars or with cheaper ones, notorious for hit or miss. This particular feature was the total selling point for my soon who does a lot of video for products on commercial basis.
What I really like about 70D (And may ultimately switch to one), that is beside the very low price these days (My son got his New camera with Kit lens, on sale, recently, I guess for $799 only) and Articulated LCD, Touch scree (That for me are MUST), is the in house WiFi. You wont believe with a free app download on your cellphone or tablet, what kind of dream features you can add to your camera. And believe me when I tell you that adding Wifi card will never give you what a build in one does.
But if you are concern mostly with landscape and portrait, its always better to go for a full frame (By virtue of larger real estate sensor).
I still am very interested in 7DII but surly will miss some of the personally wanted features. One thing Canon or for that mater any major manufacturer is good for, they never give you all you want in one body, even if that is their top of the top model at 4 to 6 K price tag (Eg Canon's 1DX IV or Nikis D4s. That is why you should do your homework, specific to what you anticipate and then unload your wallet.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN