View Single Post
Old 21-09-16, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel G View Post
I want one - but as you can't pre-order yet anyway it will be interesting to see how many of the claims are true. Also guessing on price but hoping for less than £1500
I suppose the initial price will be whatever they think they can get away with! The 2 new Pro lenses have different prices quoted in dollars, but the UK price is the same for both.

Of course, it's still 'under development' so some figures are not yet quoted at all - the larger battery may have 37% more capacity but how much more will the dual processors, etc., take away from the total number of frames possible? It's going to have a percentage count-down indicator for the battery in the VF so that'll be a real boon for those who keep a spare in a pocket (have you seen the size of the new battery grip for the MkII).

I've never yet found a need for the 11fps of the MkI so I wonder how genuinely useful the 15/18/60fps 'headline-grabbers' will be -and how often will anyone want to scroll through 60 near-identical shots to select 'the' one!

Still, if they have speeded-up the readout from the sensor quickly enough to reduce the rolling-shutter effect to 'negligible' levels then I'll probably be in there for one eventually. I've always uaed 'back-button' focus which requires Single AF selection, so I'm not sure whether I can adapt to continuous/tracking focus to make the most of that feature (I wonder if there'll be a way to quickly 'toggle' between the two?)

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/...00/ppuser/1805

'Write when there is something you know: and not before: and not too damned much after' Ernest Hemingway