View Single Post
Old 18-06-07, 12:50

"Its a Pro camera designed for only 1 year of Professional heavy usage"

this is was Customer services said to me today - they're designed for one year of heavy Professional style usage, and the fact that I only use the camera lightly - with 4.5K shots was irrevelant in their eyes.

best they could offer was a 25% reduction in repair cost - but it would still be £450 - circa 900 dollars.

so my next recourse unfortunately (well fortunate that we have this clause in our UK law) - is to take it to small claims court - max cost is only 50 quid so nothing to loose - to prove that a camera of that expense should last more than a year - which should be easy enough

unfortuantely you have to take the seller to court (Jessops in this case) - which is annoying as they've been very helpful -but they're the ones that sold me the product that was "not fit for purpose"

will keep you updated - but was disappointed by Fuji's stance - and certainly won't be buying another of their poducts no matter how good.

S3 Pro was the best camera I owned - but if support is not there - then no matter how good the product is - its meaningless if you have a problem in the future.

Mark.