View Single Post
Old 13-07-07, 22:55

Default They make it look so easy

When you see a perfect wildlife shot of a bird, a Butterfly or a Dragonfly it all looks so easy.

Those of us who practice in the art know it adds quite a challenge to your photography. Attached is my one and only dragon shot from this evening.

In a meadow close to my home if the weather is good your normally see a few dragons buzzing around during the summer months. This evening was no exception. Most showed no sign of settling but I spotted one go down about 40 feet away. I slowly made my way through the 2 foot long grass to the area it landed in. As I got near it took flight again and landed 15 feet away. This time I had a better idea where it was. Again it took flight but this time I could see it land in the long grass. I Slowly creped up to within a few feet and setup the tripod. Managed the shot below. Then thinking not bad just need to move two bits of grass.

Just then Friday 13th sort of luck kicked in. Something flew over, caught the dragons attention and it took flight. Up Vertically towards the sun I was blinded and lost track of it. I am sure they do that on purpose

Oh well - try the next field and see if there are any butterflies

Do you have any thoughts or experiences you would like to share ?

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated

Last edited by robski; 26-07-11 at 22:34.