View Single Post
Old 12-03-15, 12:57
Super Moderator

Default Split Toning with Photoshop - H&S Method

The second method is using two hue & saturation layers in Photoshop

Open your image & convert to grey scale by the method of your choice if you haven't already done so. Then add a H&S layer. Then go to > Image > Apply Image - this will create a grey scale mask of the image on the layer so that the H&S adjustment layer affects the highlights more than the shadows - rename this layer Highlights. Duplicate the layer & rename it Shadows. Click on the mask to select it & press CTRL + I to invert it so that this adjustment layer affect the shadows more. Ensure that your highlights layer is above your shadows layer. Your layers palette should look like this
layers plalete.jpg

Now click on the shadows H&S layer to open the adjustment dialogue box, check colorise & play with the sliders until you're happy with the colour - I used the same hue & saturation that I used in Lightroom
H&S.jpg

Turn off this layer & repeat with the highlights layer. Turn on the shadows layer. Reduce the opacity of the highlights layer as desired - I found 65% gave a balance I was happy with. Finally I added a curves layer to darken down the shadows a bit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trenas Agave2 H&S.jpg (166.0 KB, 7 views)