Thread: Raw vs jpeg
View Single Post
Old 16-02-10, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufg1mp View Post
I have tried to download and install the preview extractor, but when ever i try to install it, (7 times) it says it cannot perform this action because a file is missing. Id say i am pretty pc literate and have tried numerous things to locate the missing extension and replace it. Im stumped. Has anyone else had this problem.

I am also having problems with the nikon software. Mainly nikon view, It installs ok, then when i go to use it, it crashes and says windows has experienced an error. Im wondering if its my pc thats unstable or the software. It is a fresh install of xp, so im thinking it should be ok.

I am running lightroom 2, but due to me needing to upgrade RAM it takes a little while to do anything with it.

Help....any suggestions will be welcome.
if the extension is a dll (dynamic link library ) replacing the file without installing may not work. the giveaway in in the name - dynamic the files change accoring to what has been istalled so just replacing one of these with a "vigin" file can in fact "hang" your computer. i would say that you have a corrupt file try downloading it from nikon again and then reinstalling and be sure to turn off your antivus as this can assume what you are installing is a virus and not install thet file without you knowing.

hope this is of some help

John