View Single Post
Old 12-11-06, 00:54

Thanks guys.... Duct tape rules... The 70-200 f4 is a perfect main lens.... The zoom allows quick changes in magnification which is great or framing and for finding the small stuff at low power and then once located zooming the mags up to desired level.... I shot a small Mayfly last night and it was on a white wall.... I would have had trouble finding it if I didn't have the ability to lower mag to 1.4... Once centered I zoomed up to about 150mm or 4x, as any higher it wouldn't fit in the frame....Quite a mag swing.... I have often thought about going to the MP-E but the truth is I don't see a clear advantage as I hand hold my rig and can get the same magnification with fast adjustability, And I have yet to see a clear demonstration of better IQ from the MP-E.... Great lens but 800+ dollars I see no point in spending when multi use lenses put together by way of a 10 dollar adapter ring and a flash bracket and off shoe chord do virtually the same job well....As you can tell I am having a great time with this set up and I hope others give it a go to get more mega macro posts. When you get to 4x and over it opens up a whole new dimension to our world....Alex
I know they are soft, I know they are out of focus, I know they lack contrast, I know my sensor needs to be cleaned, I know they are noisey, I know I should crop a little off the left side, I know I should find another hobby, but other than that how do you like them??..
Gear: Yes

Last edited by Alex Paul; 12-11-06 at 01:00.