View Single Post
Old 20-07-07, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedal View Post
not surprised at the Adobe hassle. More interested in knowing whether expensive CS version any more 'really' mac than PSE is. The PSE is just an obvious 'quick port' that doesn't make proper use of the OS and clogs up memory and runs down battery on powerbook, very few keyboard shortcuts; also takes about 5 minutes from starting to run till when one has a usable interface free of all the useless monitor clogging windows.
I understand CS3 is a completely rewritten version of Photoshop, its also a universal binary but that does not suggest it's written really for OS X. It is the largest of all applications I have and therefore takes the longest to load but certainly not 5 mins!. Its just as quick and easy to use as the PC version of CS2 I once used. It certainly does hog memory as default memory usage claims 2/3rds of total memory which I restricted to 512MB which is fine as I dont use CS3 for any complex procedures. It is full of windows but these can be tidily put to the side and opened using arrows keeping the desktop clean and clear for a large version of the photo being worked on.