View Single Post
Old 06-06-06, 04:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirofo
It looks as though you've completely trashed your set up, I suggest the only way out of your predicament is to re-boot your computer with Windows XP (Home or Pro edition) and SP2. First of all, you need to back up all your files and photo's, make sure you have all the up to date drivers you need for your hardware, then format your hard drive, re-install Windows along with SP2 and all your other software. You need to install SP2, many software programs now rely on it and may not run properly without it, as you've found out with Symantec Norton, you can of course choose not to install it, but then you will be limiting yourself to only operating with old software. Incidentally, you don't have to run Norton with Windows automatic update swithched on, I have Norton and SP2 on my computer and it runs quite happily without automatic udate switched on!

nirofo.
hello Nirofo

no my computer has not been trashed
since I have taken SP2 out and switch off auto update's off and taken some update out it's running very nicely and faster
plus I always backup all I wish to keep On dvd as one of my job I had to backup all the days data it made me do it all the time

I am beging to think that auto update are mainly to slow your computer down so so you think something is to old and slow and go out and buy a new one
so BILL GATES get even more filthy rich and we all stay destitute

your ollieowlus