View Single Post
Old 09-07-12, 15:13

Not at all, in fact they are two completely different things. Go into any decent spec camera setting and you will have the option of small, medium and large and then something like 5mp, 10mp and 16.1 or similar depending on the camera. Also some cameras allow you to adjust not only white balance after but full d-lighting and a host of other features.

I agree though that RAW is the best way to shoot but if you are shooting at full MP and at large and on Raw you are vastly reducing the memory available. That said, the person has a bridge camera and it wont have such a complete range of settings compared to the likes of the more expensive Nikons, Canons, Pentax's etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfg1mp View Post
By setting the largest size, forgive me if I'm wrong but you are selecting the highest MP setting.

Also make sure you set the white balance to the correct setting, better still shoot in raw, that way you will be able to get the correct white balance as long as you have balanced your lighting. Also by shooting in raw you will have a lot more information to work with while editing, that way you won't have to worry about the quality settings either.