View Single Post
Old 03-01-06, 21:55

My first SLR was a Praktica - used mainly with a 135mm lens. Traded in fairly soon [we had a local camera shop back then] for a little black Nikon FG with 50mm lens - can't remember what other lens I added. Then, if memory serves me right, came the Nikon F301 - because it had an integral motor wind [a rather slow one]. Then came affordable and useable AF - must have been the Canon EOS600 - I can't remember why but I sold it to a friend who still has it. Had various other cameras - Minolta, Canon and Pentax - but lost interest for a number of years, and during that time used an old manual focus Canon bought for 30.00. Tried a little Kodak digital about 4 years ago and re-kindled the interest. Sold the old Canon for 35.00.
Digital cameras? I've used Minolta Dimage 5,7i, Z1 and S304, Olympus 750, 770, 5050 and 8080, Fuji S602 and S7000, Kodak 6490, Panasonic FZ1, FZ2 and FZ20 and Canon A75 - think that's all the compacts.
Finally got a DSLR at the time there was a long waiting list for the D70 - so settled for a 300D. Added a D30 then swapped them both for a 10D. Just never felt quite right so in March this year made the change to Nikon - D70 and now D50.
A long journey..........!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/greypoint/sets/