View Single Post
Old 06-01-06, 21:04

I started out with a Zenith, as a teenager in the late 70's, I seem to recall the light meter was above the lens rather than TTL.

My younger brother was given a Miranda but never developed an interest in photography so I adopted it. Meanwhile my dad and elder brother both had Olympus OM1's. I found the viewfinder very dark, with the split screen blackening in low light and so on being offered a new camera as a birthday present one year I opted for the Canon AE1 program, which I still have though, despite being serviced, it never recovered from a trip to the sahara many years ago with it's fine powdery sand.

When I left I school a bought a secondhand Bronica S2A which I loved but despite my best efforts I couldn't get into studio work or the inclination to take up wedding photography and it therefore ended up sitting in a cupboard.

For many years I didn't pick up a camera other than for the odd family snap.

Recently however, I've re-kindled my interest and after borrowing a digital camera for a weekend I once again became hooked, needless to say as soon as I could I invested in a Fuji s7000. I found this to be a fantastic camera, very capable and sharp.

Recently however I upgraded to a 350d, with a Sigma 28-300mm and Sigma 80-400mm OS lenses!