View Single Post
Old 30-06-15, 08:28

Marydoll: It all depends on what your expectations and type of photography is.
If you are looking for a cropped sensor, 7D II is one the two best AutoFocus camera bodies for still shooting, available today in entire world, for the price. If you are a bird shooter, dominantly fast sport shooter, you will not be happier with its speed of AFing and accurate shooting. Additionally it has he excellent AFing for video: Dual-Pixel autofocus, similar to 70D that was a break through in class.

In short if you were happy with 550D, you would probably be elated with 7DII. Whether sealed and in house GPS are added features that any traveler photographer may appreciate as well. Another good thing about 7DII is its similarity of bottoms and control panel to 5D III that due to recent price drop, make an excellent companion for any pro photographer that needs to have a full frame and a fast sport crop camera, both is same bag. Just a thought in case you move / add full frame in near future.

The main issue again is what you do genereally and what your new expectations and primary reason to upgrade is. For eg from my own personal type of shooting, I know I am highly addicted to Touch screen LCD for control of camera body, on site review zooming etc on camera's LCD where touch screen is priceless, then I know that I extensively use Articulated LCD and love to have WiFi in camera so I know despite all good features, 7D II is not for me but these might not be even a concern for you.
To stay with Canon line of productions and if I were in your place, I would surely and extensively investigate 750D / 760D also, before making a move.
But then the worst advise I can pass here, have a look at Sony alpha 7 line of cameras too that for full frame sensor and host of significant new features, have turn a lot Canon Loyal users into "None-believers" and Canon's God forgives me for mentioning that to you!!
Bottom line, you will be happy with upgrade but you should look at your own priorities to fine what is right and what not for you. So definitely do your homework.
Here is a chart I made for you just to have some features compared:

LINK

Cheers.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN