View Single Post
Old 25-05-06, 22:01

Question Nikon SLR Camera Upgrade Question

I have been in Norfolk Cameras today and had to keep hands in pockets well apart from a play.

I have a D100, and squinting through its viewfinder in room light conditions for manual focus, is driving me mad. With a more resonsive A/F system I could at least use the focus confirmation light. Having looked at the D200 and D2X, I have come down on the side of the D2 series. Viewfinder ( D200 great screen brightness, but as I wear glasses there is not enough eye relief ), A/F, D-TTL flash compatable with my existing kit.

I have a number of quality M/F Nikkors but other than my 80-200 my A/F lenses are mid range. 18-35ED f3.5-4.5 and the swiss army lens 28-105 f3.5-4.5. On a 6mp D100 these are fine, but would the 12mp of the D2X be too much resolution for them. I generally fill the frame so although more resolution than the D100 would be nice it is not an essential. As I will probably have to make a sale to aquire the camera I will not be able to upgrade the A/F lenses in the foreseeable future.

D2X - 12mp or D2Hs - 4mp.

Don